Mobil 1 availabilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mobil 5w-20 EP available in the 5 quart containers? I can find 5w-20 but not the "EP" formulation.

I'm in the same boat, I can't find it either and I would like to run it in my xB and LS. Right now I'm using the "AFE" 0W20 and the silver cap 5W20.

Yes they do make it and Wal-Mart does sell it but it is very hard to find. With more and more manufacturers recommending this viscosity the less M1EP 5w20 we see. I visit the oil section at Wal-Mart every day that I work there and I have probably seen that oil 5 times in over 2 years. It exists but good luck finding it.

I have seen M1 5W-20 EP at Walmart's near me. My guess is that the store has to be a larger than average SuperCenter, and with demographics of above average income (where customers are more likely to have a newer car that specifies 5W-20 and are willing to pay more for EP).

But I admit that they do happen to be frequently out of stock of 5W-20 EP. I know that EP was under severe allocation until early this year because of Hurricane Ike (more so than most other M1 products) but don't know what the problem is now. It could be that it flies off the shelves, or that they don't restock very often, not sure which.

I was in Wal Mart in Collinsville, Il. Friday and the M1 supply was half gone while there was plenty of PP and Valve. Must really be selling a lot of M1 there because a week ago there was plenty of stock in that store.

Last edited:
At my WalMart today, the 5 quart jugs were flying off the shelves. It was marked down from $26 to $22.

The only thing they had in EP was 5w30 and it was marked down from $28.50 to $26.

I chose two jugs of Green Cap 0w30.

Originally Posted By: Mark888
I have seen M1 5W-20 EP at Walmart's near me. My guess is that the store has to be a larger than average SuperCenter, and with demographics of above average income (where customers are more likely to have a newer car that specifies 5W-20 and are willing to pay more for EP).

But I admit that they do happen to be frequently out of stock of 5W-20 EP. I know that EP was under severe allocation until early this year because of Hurricane Ike (more so than most other M1 products) but don't know what the problem is now. It could be that it flies off the shelves, or that they don't restock very often, not sure which.

Maybe that's it. The only EP in 5 qt. jugs I ever see in my WalMart are 5w30 and 10w30. Plenty of 5w20 EP in the quart bottles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back