Mobil 1/Amsoil/Red Line VS. New Royal Purple Pricing>?

Status
Not open for further replies.
shocked.gif
frown.gif
Well, the new folks at the local R/P distributor informed me that I don't buy enough for dealer pricing any longer. Well, I never did. I was the first customer to walk through the door, and the old manager gave me dealer pricing as a "welcome/Thank you!" It was nice while it lasted...

Anyway, my Royal Purple 5-30 now costs me $7.13 per qt., where I used to pay $5.34.

15 qts., of ATF hit me for $138~!
mad.gif
Or... $9.22 a qt. And I was told prices go up, next week, again...

Just curious if I should find a new R/P source, or start sniffin' out to see if Amsoil/Red Line are just as $$$.

I'm sure Mobil 1 will always be cheaper, but by how much?
confused.gif

Throw me some thoughts...
wink.gif

Amsoil pricing is so much cheaper. I would say it is a little more expensive then Mobil 1. One of the Amsoil dealers here can set you up with dealer pricing. The only draw back could be the shipping costs.

LOL! I kinda feel they screwed me... I mean, they hype the extended OCI, for Royal Purple...
Then, bust me Cuz... I haven't been in every 3,000 miles!!!
pat.gif
dunno.gif

I did a lot of PR for them on a couple sites, because I believe (and still do) in the product.
However, I guess a handshake isn't what it once was.
frown.gif

Sometimes you just gotta enjoy the gravytrain while it lasts.

You never could actually say you DESERVED the dealer pricing, but rather it was a "gift".

Happened to me a while back on Ebay. Had a cherry of a deal going until Ebay, in all its wonder and glory, decided what I was doing was "against Ebay policy". Nevermind the others that were doing it too, all that mattered was that *I* was now prohibited from doing it.....and cost me about $400 a month.

Its their field....you play on it on their terms.

Preferred customer price on Amsoil ASL 5W-30 (full PAO, esters and bumped borate esters) is now $5.55. Nasty I know - speak with the oil cartel
smile.gif
. No free shipping, but the current Amsoil UPS price chart is relatively excellent. (Less than $8.XX to ship a case of oil anywhere in the USA)

If you want smaller quantities and free shipping the catalog price is $7.05/qt.

I get my rp 5w20 online for $5.99/qt with free shipping. I'm sure you could find 5w30 for a similar price if you look around. It is a great product.

If one is not brand loyal, you can usually cut the price substantially on any of the quality synthetics. PP at HD, M1 w/ Pepboys calendar, AA clearance of RL, AZ sales of GC. Buy enough to cover a year or so for all your vehicles, and you can easily make it to the next great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back