Mobil 1 AFE

Used A.F.E. for many years in the FIT . 0w-20 , intervals close to a year or less than 10,000 miles .

Anti wear magic is keeping the parts separated by the oil, the wear preventing additives are for when the oil film is too thin to keep the parts separated.

M1 0W20 for engine rated for 5W20 ? I believe Mobil removed the jug comment that the 0W20 was suitable for 5W20 applications a year or so ago ... Was this for legal or some sort of practical reasons ?

M1 0W20 for engine rated for 5W20 ? I believe Mobil removed the jug comment that the 0W20 was suitable for 5W20 applications a year or so ago ... Was this for legal or some sort of practical reasons ?
Don’t know but It’s still all over their site, same with the 30.

No engine is “rated” for a particular winter rating.

Shouldn't matter especially if its syn, alot of times 0 winter rating oils are thicker than 5w above 0 degrees F.

I am not sure AFE makes sense when EP is only $2 more for 5qt
I used to think the same thing until another member with a Ford F-150 posted UOA results that were strikingly similar with an ever-so-slight improvement with AFE. This was over a series of OCI, not just one or two.

I used to think the same thing until another member with a Ford F-150 posted UOA results that were strikingly similar with an ever-so-slight improvement with AFE. This was over a series of OCI, not just one or two.
My understanding that in this particular cause UOA would look similar with not only M1 oils, but many others.

Back