Mobil 1 AFE 0W-20, 13,823 miles, 2003 Honda Odyssey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I was a little worried about running almost 14k on this run. I was comfortable averaging 10k. I got a little busy and didn't pay much attention to the sticker thinking this was another 11-12k run until I looked back at my last UOA and saw this was 13.8k. Either way, thankfully, this looks like another boring report. I suspect adding the 1 qt around 11-12k boosted the TBN some. The wear metals all look very good. Driving conditions are short 1-2 mile trip in the morning and then some shuttling around in the evening with some 50-100 mile trips on weekends. Looks like there is no need to try any of the higher Mobil 1 oils like EP or AP. Oil filter used was a Fram Ultra.

[Linked Image]

Thanks for posting. I'm using the same oil in our '07 Accord; it is reassuring to see a higher mileage report like this.

Last edited:
Very nice results … think PSD has also pushed the Mobil 1 AFE really far …

I started using 5w30 on my 2002 Honda because it was starting to use about a quart of oil between changes. The higher viscosity has fixed that. I started at about 100k.

Have you seen any consumption with the 20W oil?

Originally Posted by JerryBob

Have you seen any consumption with the 20W oil?

There's some minor consumption I notice after running more than 10k. Nothing I would notice if I ran the oil to only 5-6k.

I have found the M1 0-20 oils are outstanding in the 470K I have put in my last three Ford engines. Nice report.

Originally Posted by deoxy4
Annual changes, 12K miles, no problem, lots of safety!

Yep, this is the direction I'm going in. AFE annual use in my 2006 J30A5.

No gimmicky extended life oils. Just straight up M1 on sale and with rebate. What a great value!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave1027
OP, what were the other oils you used previously?

All the previous runs on that uoa were regular M1 either 0w-20 or 5w-20 (usually whatever I could get on sale). I never felt a need to run high mileage or any of the higher tiers M1. I usually try to find the AFE 0w-20 if I can.

That's an excellent uoa! Do all the regular M1 oils use the same formula (base oils,as pack,etc)? Would M1 10W30 be the same formula-wise as the AFE 0W20?

Originally Posted by tig1
I have found the M1 0-20 oils are outstanding in the 470K I have put in my last three Ford engines. Nice report.

Amazing! 470k on one oil brand without any issuesðŸ‘

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back