Mobil 1 5w30 FS European Formula

Hey all! First post but long time lurker.

I was out and about looking for some black lug nuts for my F150 at the local parts stores and did the usual tour of the oil racks. I was looking to see if there was any SP rated 0w40 available when I cam across this at Advance. Never saw it before today and didn't find it on a quick look though M1's website. Thought it was interesting that it shows API SL and SP but shows SL in the API donut.

Attachments

• IMG_5223.JPG
    IMG_5223.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 360
  • IMG_5224.JPG
    IMG_5224.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 362
The oil is SL because it's 5W30 and has around 1000ppm of phosphorous, they have tested it on the SP tests and it meets or exceeds them but they can't claim SP because the excessive phosphorous, on 40 grades they would be able to claim SP because the phosphorous limits don't apply to non-resource conserving grades.

Revision number is the same as the current FS 0w40 thats still labeled SN. So this must mean api sp fs 0w40 is already on shelves

Hey all! First post but long time lurker.

I was out and about looking for some black lug nuts for my F150 at the local parts stores and did the usual tour of the oil racks. I was looking to see if there was any SP rated 0w40 available when I cam across this at Advance. Never saw it before today and didn't find it on a quick look though M1's website. Thought it was interesting that it shows API SL and SP but shows SL in the API donut.
Significant list of OEM approvals …

The jug has a date code of 22L06, which I believe would be the 6th of November, 2022, L is the 12th letter but I seem to recall they skip one letter but I don't remember which one, so I guess it'd make sense that they created a datasheet for it a few months before they started filling the jugs, 5W30 FS was available in some other parts of the world before this.

The jug has a date code of 22L06, which I believe would be the 6th of November, 2022, L is the 12th letter but I seem to recall they skip one letter but I don't remember which one, so I guess it'd make sense that they created a datasheet for it a few months before they started filling the jugs, 5W30 FS was available in some other parts of the world before this.
They create msds and data sheets well before we see the product. They have new msds for products we should see in maybe a year for mobil 1 brake fluid and mobil 1 power steering fluid both are dated i think january of 2023 and december of 2022. No pds for either yet.

So it's a very similar product to Castrol Euro 5W-30 A3/B4 which is sold @5 quart jug at Amazon and Walmart for $28 in the US.

Reactions: SR5
The Castrol Euro 5W-30 A3/B4 has HTHS = 3.5, and it has the titanium which makes the oil "stronger" when the stresses and forces become extreme, so I would choose the Castrol over the Mobil 1 for any kind of high rpm high heat track days.

Also, over the years, Mobil 1 oils always seem to have high Iron levels in the Used Oil Analysis on BITOG.
Concern is that for some reason the engines have more wear when using Mobil 1 than other oils.
If you choose the Castrol instead, you don't need to worry about that potential issue.

Back