Mobil 1 5W30 4012Miles 2009 Saturn Outlook XR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time and time again bad Mobil 1 results with only 4,000 miles . Try Valvoline Synpower or PP and I guarantee your results will be much better. If you want too use a conventional Pennzoil , Valvoline , Havoline will all give better results then this Mobil 1 garbage.

Originally Posted By: Finklejag
Originally Posted By: 21Rouge
Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
I don't think any dino or GP III based syn of similar viscosity is going to do any better in dealing with the cylinder "washing" that you're getting with your DI engine.

Except Castrol EDGE 5W30 did exceptionally well with this Audi A4 turbo (is the engine direct injection?).

The 1.8T isn't a DI engine. The newer 2.0T is.

Thanks for the correction. But in any event the 1.8T is considered to be hard on oil? If so then this EDGE might be more robust then might be indicated by its Group III base stocks

I think the engine is just wearing in. I prefer M1 EP vs. M1 with all that fuel.

I see there is another individual that is having issues with their 3.6 as well. To think there is an individual on the Acadia forum running Mobil 1 5w-30 all the way to 10k miles. I would like to see his UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back