Mobil 1 5w-40 T&S @ Wal*Mart in PA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored a tester quart in Hazleton. I expected it to be darker. I am switching all synthetic purchases to the 5w-40, for $4.77 is is quite a bargain and can go a whole year in some of my applications. I assume it can replace M1 0w-40 in a 2000 Mercedes application. Whatever, I still have 6 cases+ of GC for M-E. Saw Delvac-1300 in quarts for the first time, got some for summer and will save the T&S for fall.

quote:

Originally posted by Audi Junkie:
Scored a tester quart in Hazleton. I expected it to be darker. I am switching all synthetic purchases to the 5w-40, for $4.77 is is quite a bargain and can go a whole year in some of my applications. I assume it can replace M1 0w-40 in a 2000 Mercedes application. Whatever, I still have 6 cases+ of GC for M-E. Saw Delvac-1300 in quarts for the first time, got some for summer and will save the T&S for fall.

fruit.gif
fruit.gif
fruit.gif

I found a 6 pack of 5w-40 Truck and SUV here in Central Florida today at the local Walmart. Someone opened up the case and took a quart.
frown.gif
Since my car takes 6 quarts, I just left it on the top shelf. Ok, fess up, which one of you took it.
grin.gif

I think the truck/SUV oil will be widely available soon. I just bought a case at a WalMart in Mentor OH. (Cleveland) yesterday. They had it on the very top shelf, so it was hard to see and reach, but they only had three cases left.

OK,what am I missing??? The Mobil-1 website makes no mention of a 5W-40 grade, althought the relatively new 0W-40 is present. Can someone steer me to some info about this oil?

None here at my Wal-marts. Checker is the only one with it, at $5.00 a quart.
thumbsdown.gif

-T

Is there a general concensus that this stuff is actually D1? Are we baseing that on the VOA's?

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:
OK,what am I missing??? The Mobil-1 website makes no mention of a 5W-40 grade, althought the relatively new 0W-40 is present. Can someone steer me to some info about this oil?

It's on their website...look under products and you'll see "Truck &SUV oil"..I use Delvac in both my vehicles and like it very much
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Greaser:

quote:

Originally posted by ekpolk:

It's on their website...look under products and you'll see "Truck &SUV oil"..I use Delvac in both my vehicles and like it very much
grin.gif

You are correct! What, you think that just because I'm a lawyer (at least in civilian life --for now the Marines have "repo-ed" me...) I can acutally read??? I mean, I had to move my eyes some fifteen whole characters to the right...way too much work. My apologies; I'll look more carefully next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back