Mobil 1 5W-30 vs 0W-30 AFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nyquist

Based on Mobil's web site and Center's for Quality Assurance, Mobil 1 0w30 meets dexos1 Gen2... License number D10102GH015.

Still haven't seen the d1G2 version in my area, the jugs I've found still have the old dexos1 license number. I know the new ones are coming, it's just taking a while here.
I would guess M1 0W30 AFE is one oil that may not have needed to be reformulated for Gen 2, but I decided to make sure I was getting the new standard with my last oil purchase. The Pennzoil Gold 5W30 I ended up buying had very good CCS and MRV test results for its grade and I've only had to deal with about -16F this winter, anyway...I missed the coldest air of the season up in the White Mountains by a day (close to -30F overnight).

When I compared the SDS the other day of 5w-30 and AFE 0w-30, it appears the 5w-30 has more PAO content %.

Also, the 5w-30 has more zinc, phosphorus, etc according to the product data sheets on the M1 website.

Originally Posted By: jdavis
When I compared the SDS the other day of 5w-30 and AFE 0w-30, it appears the 5w-30 has more PAO content %.

Also, the 5w-30 has more zinc, phosphorus, etc according to the product data sheets on the M1 website.

Presently, that indeed seems to the be case with the current formulation of the 5w-30 having 20-30% PAO, the AFE 0w-30 having 10-20%.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
I've read that 0Ws have all the best ingredients.

laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back