Mobil 1 5w-30 Esp will end?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is exxon/Mobil gonna end Mobil1 5w-30 Esp?
They removed it from the Finnish Mobil1 homepage and its too removed from the German homepage. But i did find it on the swe M1/hompage but lack the Bmw LL04 approval

I have a feeling they will.
I just checked German web site. Probably they are moving everything to GTL.
I am not needing it anymore, but those who need, time to stack up.

I know that on the US website they just got rid of 5w30 ESP Formula and replaced it with a different version simply called 5w30 ESP. Prior to that, they listed both versions on their website, which caused me to wonder why they needed two versions of a similar oil.

So in North America at least, it doesn't look like it's going away, just being replaced by a slightly less impressive version (HTHS is slightly lower, viscosity at 100c is slightly lower, flashpoint is lower and sulfated ash is slightly higher)

As an alternative you could always go with 0w40 ESP Formula (which is what I will probably do when I can no longer get 5w30 ESP Formula)

Originally Posted by Patman
I know that on the US website they just got rid of 5w30 ESP Formula and replaced it with a different version simply called 5w30 ESP. Prior to that, they listed both versions on their website, which caused me to wonder why they needed two versions of a similar oil.

So in North America at least, it doesn't look like it's going away, just being replaced by a slightly less impressive version (HTHS is slightly lower, viscosity at 100c is slightly lower, flashpoint is lower and sulfated ash is slightly higher)

As an alternative you could always go with 0w40 ESP Formula (which is what I will probably do when I can no longer get 5w30 ESP Formula)

And just like GTL-based M1 0W-40, the new 5W-30 lost BMW approval.

Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Originally Posted by Patman

And just like GTL-based M1 0W-40, the new 5W-30 lost BMW approval.

I am really not sure what Mobil1 is doing.

Being the one of if not the largest oil company, they know what they're doing. Fortunately there's lots of competition in the engine oil industry and we have many alternatives.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 1JZ_E46
Being the one of if not the largest oil company, they know what they're doing. Fortunately there's lots of competition in the engine oil industry and we have many alternatives.

Not sure about that. Many companies that large managed to mess up because CEO's were pressured for quick profits. Just take a look at GE.

Originally Posted by Onetor
They are in the business to make money!

Of course. That does not mean they did not decide to offer, to put it this way, lower quality product for same price.
Would not be first one to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back