Mobil 1 5W/30 EP HM, 5743 miles, 1996 Acura 3.5 RL

[Linked Image]

Filter HAMP H1540-RTA-505 - 5743mi

This was a drain stream sample vs my typical siphon pump samples.

Prior oils were Various Mobil X/30 and 0/40.

This is the new Mobil 1 5/30 EP High Mileage (though Blackstone indicated just EP it is EPHM)

Very good metal wear rates for an over 20 yo.
Plenty of life left, despite traces of fuels.

Originally Posted by Nitronoise
my question is where did the Zinc go it dropped way down last sample

It is not all the same oil (as I said in the OP). Pretty sure the prior run was Mobil 1 0/40 FS, but check if you want to be sure.

Looks good. I wonder if what Gokhan said about the HM oils containing more AN's is right.....reason being, the additive levels for the HM oils don't look any different than the other grades of Mobil 1.

Originally Posted by buster
Looks good. I wonder if what Gokhan said about the HM oils containing more AN's is right.....reason being, the additive levels for the HM oils don't look any different than the other grades of Mobil 1.

Not sure, it does seem to have liked this, and the same oil went back in.

The Ranger also has it in the sump now.

TBN seems low for miles/time compared to prior oils (The full reports on these are here too)

Robert,

Good looking report there! I may have to give this oil a try in the Volvo for the winter months. Have you come to any conclusions on what to feed the new VW?

Best Regards,

Bob

Originally Posted by Astro_Guy
Robert,

Good looking report there! I may have to give this oil a try in the Volvo for the winter months. Have you come to any conclusions on what to feed the new VW?

Best Regards,

Bob

Hi Bob - I agree it seems to have done well, don't see why it wouldn't do the same in the Volvo.

RE: VW - Ravenol if I can get it, its shown up on the distributor web page, but with no ETA yet.

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'd stick with that oil if I were you. Nice report.

Thanks, I do plan to stick with it.

Originally Posted by DuckRyder

Originally Posted by demarpaint
I'd stick with that oil if I were you. Nice report.

Thanks, I do plan to stick with it.

thumbsup2.gif

Back