Mobil 1 5W/30 EP 6813 Miles, 2002 Ford Ranger 3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

As a reminder, about halfway through the prior run the camshaft synchronizer was replaced. This is a stub distributor and they are notorious for starting to squeak and this one was pretty bad.

Truck does a fair amount of short tripping.

Filter: Cut Open Fram XG3600 - 6813 mi

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Doesn't look too bad I say. Thanks for report and did you put more M1 5w30 EP back in with another ULTRA ?

I put 5/30 EP HM and a M1 filter on it.

Unfortunately I've got to put a timing cover gasket on it, so that might skew the next sample...

Oh, and you are welcome and happy birthday...
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Hard to tell without TBN, but looks like 10K would be easily achievable.

It would if I went back to running it 2 years. I believe I mentioned it on the filter thread, but it is a bit of a process to get it overhear and I really need to see it more than once every 2 years so...

My old 91 Ranger 3.0 had 354K when sold and performed great up to the day it was sold. Oil, M1 10-30 with 10K OCIs.

Originally Posted by tig1
My old 91 Ranger 3.0 had 354K when sold and performed great up to the day it was sold. Oil, M1 10-30 with 10K OCIs.

There are 2 in the family now (Both 02, one 2wd, automatic, super cab 4 door XLT [this one] and the other regular cab, edge, 4x4 stick) and they seem to have the same issues... sway bar bushings, PCV elbows, timing cover gaskets and squeaky cam syncs... no problem with the heater hoses on this one yet, but the other one.

Still hard to complain they seem to serve well. This one will likely come to me in the future (distant hopefully).

Originally Posted by dave1251
Your lead is decreasing but if your are changing at 6K you will be better served buying the least expensive PCMO.

Dave... Not everyone wants the cheapest stuff.

Nothing wrong with that way of going though. I got $2.35 for a 5 qt container of Mobil Super in my car right now... Trailer park cheap
lol.gif

Single wide trailer park cheap in fact
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back