Mobil 1 5w-30, 3309 Miles, 2001 WS6 Trans Am

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's an analysis a friend of mine just had done on his WS6. His car is far from driven easy. He auto crosses it (and does quite well) and has also taken it on a road course a couple of times. He also has an accusump pre oiler installed. It's pretty obvious that he's doing everything right. He changes the oil every year before Auto-X season starts. Curious to see what the mobil 1 naysayers have to say about this report! I mean look at the TBN!!! I think that's great for 3,000 hard high RPM miles!

For more info on him and his car head to www.paveglio.com

Pavegliosoilanalysisnoinfo.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
I think that's great for 3,000 hard high RPM miles!

Looks good.

I agree for a beat on TA it did well!!! bad M1,bad!! held grade to a 30w, FP held good too for the little bit of fuel.

tell him do 5k next time..what filter??

When M1's 5w30HM hits the shelves he should give that a wirl,the extra adds would be a + i would think..

Shouldn't that be full of iron, copper and lead, since M1 falsely labels their oils as ILSAC GF4 licensed? Just kidding!!

M1 bring back iron wear less than the universal averages? I don't think so... especially in a car that has supposedly seen 6k RPM the majority of it's life.

Yes it is a conspiracy. Lets post fake reports using x oil and claim it is M1. Sounds likely.

I think that looks good. I suppose of if people are really curious if it is M1 or not, they should look up some VOAs to check before chucking stones. I have, and I know the statistical answer.

This would tend to lend some support that M1 is designed to work well in high temp, high RPM environments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but most engine wear occurs:

1. At start-up

2. When a lubricant fails under extreme use conditions

If the lubricant didn't fail under extreme use, and he's got a pre-oiler reducing start-up wear, then this seems pretty much about right. Doesn' it?

Originally Posted By: steve20
probably not M-1 at all-

Steve

It has the M1 5W-30 additive signature. I've seen you post your dislike of Mobil 1 before but you've got to rise above that and be objective to post worthwhile comments in UOA forums.

These engines are designed to run this oil - Better be OK. Plus M1's gotta be better than ever now if you are to believe there was an "ooopps" at the blending station, a "ship it" at QA, and an "Ohhh S__! in the boardroom. Curious to know the 'vintage' of this batch... Love to see lot #'s on here especially with guys running stuff from your "vintage oil cellars"

The oil is from about a year ago. He doesn't sit on a big stash like some of the guys from here. When it's time for an oil change, he just heads to Autozone and get's what he needs.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
These engines are designed to run this oil - Better be OK. Plus M1's gotta be better than ever now if you are to believe there was an "ooopps" at the blending station, a "ship it" at QA, and an "Ohhh S__! in the boardroom. Curious to know the 'vintage' of this batch... Love to see lot #'s on here especially with guys running stuff from your "vintage oil cellars"

My 07 Focus has 82000 on the M1 5-30 purchased last Oct. I plan to change it soon. Would anyone want to see a UOA on this oil? Plan to go 9000 miles are more.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tig1

My 07 Focus has 82000 on the M1 5-30 purchased last Oct. I plan to change it soon. Would anyone want to see a UOA on this oil? Plan to go 9000 miles are more.

8200* right?

Originally Posted By: jigen
Originally Posted By: tig1

8200* right?

OOPS! Sorry . Yes 8200 miles at presant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back