Mobil 1 5W-30, 12363 mi, Hyundai Genesis 3.8L

Status
Not open for further replies.
GEN38-E-A-482808-Sev2-001.jpg

Iron seems fairly high but not alarming, would be interested in seeing a few uoa's with m1 0w40 in there.

it shears to a thick 30wt anyway.

Aluminum and copper are both low, which suggests to me your iron levels have nothing to do with "thickness". If you're stuck on M1 I'd try another version, such as 0w30 AFE or 5w30 ESP and see what happens.

My Sisther has a 2011 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track. Why on earth are you going 10K miles or more on OCI's on this car? Its a sports car? Do you drive it like Grandma or something? This is WWAAYY out of Hyundai's recommendations for this engine.

Dont get me wrong, just because you "Can" doesn't mean "You Should" in my book. If this was a Corolla or a civic, no problem. But a Sports Car? My guess you just dont drive it like one to even attempt this.

Are you using the M1 Gold Cap? or Extended Performance Oil? I sure hope so. haha.

In this car, I would do 5k oil change intervals and leave it at that, but thats just me.

Jeff

Agree that my last oci was out of range but sometimes circumstance dictates life. Normally I would go 7k-10k (7.5k is factory recommended). M1 was on sale and that is why I used it. QSUD or PP is up next.

BTW I would have a very hard time calling my Genesis a sports car. I like it and it is comfortable but for sure not a sports car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Danno
OCI are way outside any warranty coverage.

Just wondering on your thoughts on choosing these OCI intervals?

Yeah, if Hyundai can find a way to void the 10 year/100,000 mile warranty, they will...

If you're driving the AT version - sport coupe
Manual transmission version - sports car

We've seen plenty at the track and they hold their own. I would go with M1 EP for sure but it doesn't look bad as is.

Originally Posted By: wemay

We've seen plenty at the track and they hold their own. I would go with M1 EP for sure but it doesn't look bad as is.

May be true but mine has 4 doors and I would call it a sedan, it would do terrible at the track. Would probably be laughed at.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BeerCan
Originally Posted By: wemay

May be true but mine has 4 doors and I would call it a sedan, it would do terrible at the track. Would probably be laughed at.

Lol... completely missed that. Touché
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back