Mobil 1 5w-20 5k miles; Ford Flex 3.5L 20k miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is my results from my 2018 Ford Flex. It lives in the desert and is driven mainly by my wife.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 121
Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by Redright9
my 2018 Ford Flex. It lives in the desert

I wonder if I should be embarrassed that I had NO idea that they were still making these.

Originally Posted by Linctex

I wonder if I should be embarrassed that I had NO idea that they were still making these.

I didn't either, if that helps.

Originally Posted by Hoot_r

I didn't either, if that helps.

Same here! I always though the FLEX was a COOL(if I can say that) vehicle. An acquaintance of ours has/had a FLEX and loved it. They were the only folks that I ever met with one.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I am more surprised that Kia still makes the Soul. Can a soul live an eternal life in the terribly hot desert too?

I was kinda surprised too that KIA still made the SOUL until I heard that their sales numbers were so high. So needless to say, the SOUL has done very well for KIA here in the United States of America(Happy 4th of July).

The 3.5 Duratec is pretty bulletproof, you should get years and years out of it. I had a 2008 Taurus with the same basic motor and got 175000 miles out of it before required massive suspension work made the car untenable. I have a 2010 Flex Ecoboost which is still going strong. I can still surprise a lot of youngsters with smallish Japanese and Korean boy racers as I get up to speed and then some. For you oil guys, the 2010 still specs 5W-20 according to Ford, but I switched to 0W-30 many years ago. My only mod has been to upgrade the brakes to 2013+ Explorer Sport standard and stainless steel brake lines. I really like the car, 2019 or 2020 will be the last year for the Flex model, Oakville ONT is switching or has already switched to another Ford model.

Not until you posted that
lol.gif

OP, the report looks good.

Pretty typical for these engines; they wear well.
No need for syn at 5k miles; total waste of money.
Typically the OLM will go about 10k miles; follow it and don't fear the longer OFCI. (even on dino, these engines wear well at that distance).

Other than the water pump issue, these things are fantastic engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back