Mobil 1, 15w50 discontinued ????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been some rumours floating around that Mobil 1, 15w50 ( red top ) has been discontinued.
It is certainly not as easy to find in my area.
Any one know the scoop on this ???

The regular M1 15w-50 doesn't appear on their website either.

Good riddance! It'll make more shelf space for the 5w-20.

Even the EP 15w-50 is usually bare on the shelves at my local WalMart, individual and jugs, even when I wait for the shipments......hmmmmm time to go T&S?

-JW

quote:

Originally posted by PandaBear:
Since the demand for 15W50 is decreasing, they are forcing the one who seek exotic to buy the EP for higher price.

Check you local Target. 3 I have been to have 15w-50 EP for the same price as regular M1 ($4.89?).

15w50 red top was on clearance here last month for 1.90 off a quart or 5 quart jug for 17.87. they have since moved in a ton of 5w20 and the mobil clean series. they seem to be really pushing the 5,000 7,500 and 15,000 oils.

I guess I was lucky. I was at a local Target store and they had the EP 15w50 for $3.69, the same price the red cap sold for. I bought every one they had (18qts,). I think this GC affliction is contagious. My garage cabinets are overflowing with oil. New cabinets are on the way.

quote:

I guess I was lucky. I was at a local Target store and they had the EP 15w50 for $3.69, the same price the red cap sold for. I bought every one they had (18qts,). I think this GC affliction is contagious. My garage cabinets are overflowing with oil. New cabinets are on the way.

i got even a better deal today.. target store. 6 qts of M1 15W-50 left: 3 were regular super syn; 3 were EP. Price was marked down to $4.89. But marked down again on Clearance to $3.42! Too bad they only had 6 available. I mix it with M1 0w-40 for my supercharged '99 M3
smile.gif

I agree I spotted some at target for about $5 on the selves. There was about 6 or 7 there. Sorry cant get more specific due to I dont have need for 15W-50.

There's always Valvoline Synpower 20w50, which MSDS (and only the 20w50) indicates about 70 percent PAO base. Usually around $4.60, but sometimes on sale for $4.

quote:

Originally posted by Fatboymoe:

grin.gif
grin.gif

so I get it its more fun to buy it than use it?lol
I have autozone gift cards that I will not use my
wife thinks I'm nuts its only a car she says.
lol.gif

bruce

There's no way Mobil is killing off the 15W50 grade. I just can't see it happening because the 15W50 is used by the hotrod/musclecar/drag racing/motorcycle people. Mobil would be stupid to kill it.

I went looking for some of that $1.22/qt 15W50 Mobil 1 over the weekend and came up empty. Every Target around here is cleaned out. I use it for racing, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back