Mobil 1 0w40 to castrol syntec 0w40 European

Status
Not open for further replies.
All my local walmart is out off mobil 1 0w40, they only have castrol syntec 0w40 left that meet BMW long life.., its for my brother 2000 bmw 328ci 2.8l, I been using mobil 1 0w40 for last 10 years, and we doing 12 month oil change, mobil 1 0w40 been doing fine for last 10 years, I drain it after 12 month ( which is 5k miles ) oil still pretty good. Will castrol syntec 0w40 will do the same ?

I guess if you need it immediately your only option would be the Castrol or to visit another store.

I always prepare weeks in advance to ensure I am able to get the exact products I want.

Yea it should be fine. The Castrol, last ones I bought, were the good made in Germany stuff.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
All my local walmart is out off mobil 1 0w40, they only have castrol syntec 0w40 left that meet BMW long life.., its for my brother 2000 bmw 328ci 2.8l, I been using mobil 1 0w40 for last 10 years, and we doing 12 month oil change, mobil 1 0w40 been doing fine for last 10 years, I drain it after 12 month ( which is 5k miles ) oil still pretty good. Will castrol syntec 0w40 will do the same ?

Oh my! Sounds like someone does not have an appropriate oil stash!

It seems that the Mobil rebate also works with Walmart so maybe that's why they're out of Mobil. It's $7 off a 5 quart jug and it's good til Oct 31st so if you can find another Walmart that has it, it'd be cheaper. Castrol was on sale a couple months ago, they had a $5 off coupon making it only $16.66 at the time but that's expired now.

Castrol SYNTEC 0W-40 looks quite beefy on paper, I'd use it with confidence...

Originally Posted By: Wolf359
It seems that the Mobil rebate also works with Walmart so maybe that's why they're out of Mobil. It's $7 off a 5 quart jug and it's good til Oct 31st so if you can find another Walmart that has it, it'd be cheaper. Castrol was on sale a couple months ago, they had a $5 off coupon making it only $16.66 at the time but that's expired now.

Has anyone actually received the Mobil 1 rebate for oil purchased at Wal-Mart? Last time I looked, it was iffy at best!

And SYNTEC was on Rollback at my Wal-Mart for $21.66 I think...

Originally Posted By: Jimzz
Yea it should be fine. The Castrol, last ones I bought, were the good made in Germany stuff.

Yeah and I guess Germans living in Germany would say we use the quality Castrol made in USA or Australia or some other overseas place etc.

Perceptions perfect the quality IMO.

Why is your own homeland stuff brewed to the same spec's deemed to be inferior ?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

Has anyone actually received the Mobil 1 rebate for oil purchased at Wal-Mart? Last time I looked, it was iffy at best!

Still waiting.

There was a big thread about this over at Slickdeals and it seems that they are now honoring the rebate. Several people posted that they actually got the rebate after buying the oil at Walmart. If you call, the reps also say that while Walmart isn't listed, they also qualify for the rebate.

I currently have 0w40 Castrol in my Nissan frontier, it seems to do fine as far as I can tell, I wouldn't worry too much about it, meets the euro specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back