Mobil 1 0W40 Euro VOA

TiGeo

$50 site donor 2024
From the mart of wall. My baseline for a UOA coming up in a few mos. to compare how this looks vs. the Liquimoly oils I've been using/abusing in my Sportwagen.

VIRGIN 0W40-201214-page-001.jpg

I'm running this in the Maxima currently. It's a good, stout oil and I'll probably use it in the Elantra after I'm out of warranty.

isn't 10% the gf6 standard?

I think SN was 14%.

Im going to go through some oil this summer in my air cooled 20KW genset on 30.

It's the limit for Mercedes-Benz approval 229.5 which is somewhat lower than for VW 502 00.

FWIW I use it on my air cooled 8kW generator, it doesn't seem to consume any more than any other 40-grade I've used in the past 20 years.

Too much calcium for turbo though, correct? LSPI and all?
Yeah that's what I was going to mention. I mean, ultimately, you could use this without any problems in turbo applications, but there are oils more suited for TGDI. This would be great in any N/A applications like a VR6 or something.

That's a lot of boron. You could almost say it's too much but with the ZDDP being increased as well, there's probably still good synergy there. For the price off the shelf, that's a good looking oil.

It's the limit for Mercedes-Benz approval 229.5 which is somewhat lower than for VW 502 00.

FWIW I use it on my air cooled 8kW generator, it doesn't seem to consume any more than any other 40-grade I've used in the past 20 years.
ah... I didn't look at the jug to see what was on the back nor would I have correlated 229.5 to that, but good to know.

I typically run the regular M1 0w-40 and saw slightly reduced consumption from 30 on my smaller gensets, but they are inverters and dont rev high all the time.

The new whole house genset runs a fixed 3600 RPM though so I've been looking for an oil that might be more suited than the regular stuff with some more zddp and maybe a lower Noack. I'm the third employee at my company with this unit and the guys the have them have said it drinks bit in the summer when under load.

Kohler has been inconsistent with information as have their installers citing Kohler claiming up to 50 is acceptable in the summer and reduces consumption, but I haven't seen that statement from Kohler.

The EU version of the oil does have esters .. but we get a different bottle/name so cant be 100%.

Would Blackstone have shown esters at a few percent? Dont think so...
Either way - most Liqui Moly, tends to be all group III, no esters or AN's either(on the 40 weights LM I seen)... so clear differences all round. This Mobil looks very good uses GTL, PAO and esters according to our russian buddies

Last edited:
Back