Mobil 1 0W40 Euro VOA

I think that it is a combination of both, but it is predominately discussed in regards to turbo applications, most notably ones with low RPM boost. 1200-4500rpm.
Yes, it is an issue in SOME engines. European manufacturers resolved that or do not have that issue in general. Hyundai &Co? Yes.
It is confined to small turbo engines, generally below 2.0ltr displacement, mostly around 0.8 to 1.6ltr.

Yes, it is an issue in SOME engines. European manufacturers resolved that or do not have that issue in general. Hyundai &Co? Yes.
It is confined to small turbo engines, generally below 2.0ltr displacement, mostly around 0.8 to 1.6ltr.
And here I was thinking only milk came in 2 litres

Thanks for the VOA. Nice dose of boron in there, zinc is higher than i would have guessed for a non hdeo.

I have it in my mazda now.
European M1 oils like 0W-40, 5W-40 and 5W-30 meeting ACEA A3/B4 spec have quite high nitrogen content (about 50% more than its ACEA A5/B5 oils) and I would trust SonofJoe who was right claiming that some part of boron comes from boric acid to offset negative impact of nitrogen on Viton.

I see no direct disadvantage here to using this oil in tgdi engines as well. It is Porsche factory filling in all turbo engines as well as naturally aspirated engines. The description explicitly states that it is intended for direct injection. The new ESP 0W40 was only introduced because of the introduction of the particulate filters, otherwise you would still drive with e fullsaps fs 0W40 today.

This looks like a stoudt oil.
good enough for my race engine....to be honest.

How does the rotella t6 5w40 stack?

the opening post- analysis.....looks good.

or.....just step up and run the real race oil?

mobil race oil.jpg

This looks like a stoudt oil.
good enough for my race engine....to be honest.

How does the rotella t6 5w40 stack?

the opening post- analysis.....looks good.

or.....just step up and run the real race oil?

View attachment 136553
m1 0w-40 got reformulated to abide by api sp standards a while ago so this voa is now outdated. Though it's still stout anyway just more lspi friendly. Still a good buy.

m1 0w-40 got reformulated to abide by api sp standards a while ago so this voa is now outdated. Though it's still stout anyway just more lspi friendly. Still a good buy.

kinda...sorta...about the same as super tech high mileage 5w30.......

its all fascinating.....all these "secret" formula-recipe

kinda...sorta...about the same as super tech high mileage 5w30.......

its all fascinating.....all these "secret" formula-recipe
I am waiting to see the sp oil, I have been using the 0w-40 in all my vehicles cept the 2015 2.7 from when I first found out about the 0W-40 , I think the middle 1990s

Back