Mobil 1 0w40 and 5w40 HT/HS, noack and VI

Hello guys - was doing some searching here and on Mobil's site looking for the answers to the above questions.. Does anyone know or can they point me to the appropriate place?

The Euro formula - I know that they have those sub-designations, but do not remember which it is.

And thanks for the link! I see that's Canada website? Unless I wasn't digging deep enough, the US website barely listed any info in their so called data sheet.

Might've been this:
Last published.. Geeze that thread is from 2004.. I'm pretty certain that formulations have changed since 😂

They're pretty stingy with the info huh?

• Haha
Reactions: a5m
Last published.. Geeze that thread is from 2004.. I'm pretty certain that formulations have changed since 😂

They're pretty stingy with the info huh?
Well, ExxonMobil is one of the best in accurately and correctly listing what approvals, licenses and certifications an oil holds and does not hold. So you have that and if you see what the Noack limits are for those approvals then you'll have an idea of the maximum value. This is also true for HT/HS. I'd shop by approval anyway but that might just be me.

Well, ExxonMobil is one of the best in accurately and correctly listing what approvals, licenses and certifications an oil holds and does not hold. So you have that and if you see what the Noack limits are for those approvals then you'll have an idea of the maximum value. This is also true for HT/HS. I'd shop by approval anyway but that might just be me.
Normally I'd go by an approval too for something that requires a specific one. But being the nerds that we most all are, I'm looking at using this for something else and wanted to geek out a little bit.

On the approvals/min/max, I realize that an answer generally can't be given - I wonder how closely their products are to those min/maxs without exceeding them? I suppose it's a matter of what's available vs. economics.

Might've been this:
IIRC, @buster was able to get a more current figure from XOM a few years ago, and it had stayed the same. But we don't have one for the most recent incarnation of the product IIRC.

A few times in the past, I had asked about M1 FS 0W-40 Noack and @OVERKILL had provided the info ...
I must had forgotten and asked the same question in another thread and he responded "as previously provided, 8.8%" or something to that effect ...
now he had to provide the same info for yet another person and it reminded me of my story and made me laugh.
That's all.
@edyvw @BMW Dom

Last edited:
Back