Mobil 1 0w40 4.4L jug $28 at Canadian Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked. I see now what you're saying re: the MRV value. I wonder if it's a typo since all the other specs are identical.

Is this for real

I've never seen jugs of the stuff here but if they've got it I'll be cleaning them out tomorrow.

Like I need anymore oil.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Like I need anymore oil.

I hear you. My stash is too big otherwise I would be all over this.

Originally Posted By: dgunay
Yeah now (finally) they started to carry M1 0w40 jugs in Canada.

The same looking jugs as we get too!

I'm heading to Canadian tire right now.
28 bucks for the best oil on earth,as much as it pains me to say that is tough to beat.

That's almost the same price in the US at WalMart,$26.xx here. That is the same price as the extended Mobil 1 oil flavors at WalMart.

So I bought 10 jugs. Everything they had in confed.
AFE 0w-20 was on sale too but they were sold out.
They have EP for 32 bucks a jug too,but I have a hard cut off of 10000 miles so I figured it's pointless for me to spend more considering I won't run it longer.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal OP

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
28 bucks for the best oil on earth,as much as it pains me to say that is tough to beat.

That's almost the same price in the US at WalMart,$26.xx here. That is the same price as the extended Mobil 1 oil flavors at WalMart.

And what's your point.

Jugs are 55 bucks here usually,so why would the cost in America be even remotely relevant v

So I bought 10 jugs. Everything they had in confed.
AFE 0w-20 was on sale too but they were sold out.
They have EP for 32 bucks a jug too,but I have a hard cut off of 10000 miles so I figured it's pointless for me to spend more considering I won't run it longer.

Thanks for the heads up on this deal OP

You're welcome. I just bought 1 for the next summer/track days.

The regular price is more than $50, excl tax in here. So it is a hot deal in Canada.

Also the price is not the same with EP, because it's CDN $28, which is equal to USD $24.

Wonder why they didn't use the same size as US, 5qts/4.7L?

It's an Imperial Oil thing. Their PCMO jug size has been 4.4L as long as I can remember. The only 5L jug I've ever seen from Imperial Oil is ATF, and I was even given the opportunity to wander around the Imperial Oil warehouse the other day, and couldn't find anything else in a 5 L jug, and they have everything in stock there. My Delvac 1 is about the same price as Canadian Tire's sale price on M1, so I have no desire to change suppliers.

Shell Canada uses 5L jugs, with occasional 4.73L jugs, mostly for Walmart sales. Wakefield uses 4.4L jugs and 5L jugs for Castrol products, with some 4L jugs around on occasion.

Originally Posted By: Garak
Wonder why they didn't use the same size as US, 5qts/4.7L?

It's an Imperial Oil thing. Their PCMO jug size has been 4.4L as long as I can remember. The only 5L jug I've ever seen from Imperial Oil is ATF, and I was even given the opportunity to wander around the Imperial Oil warehouse the other day, and couldn't find anything else in a 5 L jug, and they have everything in stock there. My Delvac 1 is about the same price as Canadian Tire's sale price on M1, so I have no desire to change suppliers.

Shell Canada uses 5L jugs, with occasional 4.73L jugs, mostly for Walmart sales. Wakefield uses 4.4L jugs and 5L jugs for Castrol products, with some 4L jugs around on occasion.

I have the problem here in the states with my Hyundais of needing 1L bottles to fill the trans and rear end. Always need to buy another quart to top it off.
frown.gif

FYI, the difference between the two jugs

6tiici.jpg

Canadian version looks significantly smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back