Mobil 1 0W30 A1 not A5

Status
Not open for further replies.

john1944

Originally Posted By: daman
Click here i still run this oil 7-9,000
daman, thanks for link to my own previous question. i forgot that i had even asked before. i see you live in michigan. how does the Mobil 1 0W30 work for you? have you ever tried the Mobil 1 0W40? I am trying to decide between the two. I have a 2003 chrysler minivan 3.3l with 190000 miles. it does not leak or burn oil. which would you use? my running would be 7000 miles.

Originally Posted By: john1944
Click here i still run this oil 7-9,000
daman, thanks for link to my own previous question. i forgot that i had even asked before. i see you live in michigan. how does the Mobil 1 0W30 work for you? have you ever tried the Mobil 1 0W40? I am trying to decide between the two. I have a 2003 chrysler minivan 3.3l with 190000 miles. it does not leak or burn oil. which would you use? my running would be 7000 miles.
Sure... I have both in stash haven't used any 0/40 yet love the 0/30 here in MI,great cold weather or all year around oil seems smooth and no oil consumption in my GM vehicles,i think Chrysler specs 5/30? if you have no consumption i would say either would be a great fit,try the 0/30 see if it does anything for mileage for you i love the oil it seems thats what i always reach for.

I would not use it for this reason and for the fact that, if you want a thin oil, Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30 is thinner across the board.

john1944

Originally Posted By: john1944
[quote=daman] Click here i still run this oil 7-9,000
Sure... I have both in stash haven't used any 0/40 yet love the 0/30 here in MI,great cold weather or all year around oil seems smooth and no oil consumption in my GM vehicles,i think Chrysler specs 5/30? if you have no consumption i would say either would be a great fit,try the 0/30 see if it does anything for mileage for you i love the oil it seems thats what i always reach for.
I am currently using GC 0W30 in my van and, while the engine runs smoothly, I can definitely feel a drag on the engine and the gas mileage is down some. I think the Mobil 1 0W40 is very similar to the GC so I don't think I would be gaining much by trying the Mobil 0W40 ( but I don't know). I must say I have had no problems in cold starting in Minnesota with the GC. So I think I will try the Mobil 1 0W30 and see what the engine does.

Status
Not open for further replies.