Mobil 1 0w30 5.8k mile OCI 1.3T Jeep Renegade

Got this last run analyzed on my 2019 Jeep Renegade 1.3T Trailhawk. It had about 14k on it when I changed it. Changed the oil at 2.6k, then at 8.4k then again around 14k. Looks like there was some fuel dilution - could this be from idling it before the oil change? I drove it around for probably 15 minutes then brought it back home and had to jockey cars around to get it in the garage, so it probably idled for 5-10 mins. Otherwise, it's been short tripped (like 5 mile trips) quite a bit recently and especially over winter. Going forward I'll be back in the office, so it'll see basically all highway travel for about 40 miles a day when I take it.

Attachments

• Rene oil analysis 4-23.pdf
    105.9 KB · Views: 115
rene.jpg

Idling when the engine is warm should not be an issue, but short tripping in winter definitely is. But Blackstone isn't that accurate when it comes to fuel dilution, could be better or worse than they say....

I would suggest you run a Euro 0w30, like Castrol or such, and good gas, like 91E0, if you don’t already, and compare results.

Wow, that is bad. Elevated iron wear and almost below a 20-weight from over 4% fuel!
I’d use a Euro 5w-30 (esp 5w-30), and keep intervals under 5k.

There has to be something wrong with your engine...that fuel dilution is horrendous! No idea why people are making suggestions about oil when no oil is going to or should do well with nearly 5% dilution. First step is to determine if you have a problem with the engine.

Last edited:
FCA has to do something about that fuel dilution . Cant be having customers driving around like that and expect to get 200k out the motor

Good insight everyone, I'll run this OCI till 3k and resample. I'm hoping the better driving habits going forward will help this. I didn't notice an appreciable rise in oil level on the dip stick, always seemed to be around halfway.

There's something wrong that goes beyond this being a GDi Turbo and short tripping. No oil can fix this. Go to the dealer.

Edit: I didn't notice @PWMDMD had written practically the same thing.

FCA has to do something about that fuel dilution . Cant be having customers driving around like that and expect to get 200k out the motor
On a Jeep Renegade forum there are several with over 300k miles, trouble free, with this engine. I know at least one went with the OLM for oil changes and used whatever the dealership put in there.

On a Jeep Renegade forum there are several with over 300k miles, trouble free, with this engine. I know at least one went with the OLM for oil changes and used whatever the dealership put in there.
Yea, I doubt that too. The previous 1.4T? maybe. But the new 1.3T is a different engine, not just the same engine with 0.1L less displacement.

Bonus question - how many 9 speed transmissions did they go through in the 300k miles?

Back