mobil 1 0w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
mobil said it would be out at walmart by the end of march, i have yet to see it and i wonder when its going to come out. Anyone have an idea when its coming to walmart and such?

I cant find it either. I finally decided to use M1 SS 5W-30 instead. I buy cheap 5W-20 and keep the receipts for warranty purposes and just use the 5W30.

The only place I know that has it is:

(Sorry, I had to snip the non sponsor link)

[ April 02, 2003, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

We got 3 boxes of that stuff at work about a month or 2 ago. I have yet to do an oil change on a customer's car where they want that stuff put in though. I might try to convince my roommate to try it in her new 02 Civic.

I've been trying to get the M1 0w-20 also unsuccessfully. It's tough because the retailers aren't stocking it and there is no mail-order source for it either (that I know of).Synergyn, Torco, Neo, Royal Purple, and Redline are easier to come by than this Mobil 1 oil. Go figure.

i just can't believe mobil told me it would be out at walmart by the end of march, yet it isn't here. They should be on top of things like this, not make us wait longer. I want to stick with the 20wts for now, most of my driving is highway anyway, but i would like to run the mobil 1 synthetic bc i do like to rev my civic ex close to 5500 rpms b4 shifting occasionally!!!!!!

I bet this visc. does better then people think. My wife's focus calls for a 20wt. I will definitely run it and sample in during the summer months.

the first oil from mobil 1 way back when was a 5w20, so they are ahead of the pack on the 20 wt oils.

I haven't noticed Mobil1 0w20 anywhere around here yet. Its not even on their website.

quote:

Originally posted by unDummy:
I haven't noticed Mobil1 0w20 anywhere around here yet. Its not even on their website.

They list the technical specs for 0w20 on their website though. I noticed they added that in there a few weeks ago.

That would be great to see. I'd bet it would thicken well into a 30wt. oil @ 25k.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Was it a 25k mile oil?

I believe the original Mobil 1 formula was advertised as a 25k oil. I would love to see some 25k UOAs from back then!
smile.gif

I first used Mobil 1 in 1988, and it had the 25k/1 year claims on the bottle then. It wasn't long after that when they stopped saying that it could go 25k though.

i just got an email back from mobil saying that it will be out in may at walmart stores.

[ April 07, 2003, 11:31 PM: Message edited by: HOndaGuy ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back