Mobil 1 0W-40 GM DEXOS R

Can I use Mobil 1 0W-40 GM DEXOS R
On my atsv 2016. I am not sure if we can use dexos r. Please advise. I live in warm to hot weather and run the car hard.

It shouldn't hurt any to run Dexos R, Dexos R is the new spec that supercedes Dexos2 in high performance applications. Dexos2 is still used in Euro gasoline cars and some light duty diesels. Your ATS-V should call for Dexos1 Gen2 which means you should use Dexos1Gen2 or Dexos1Gen3 oil to comply with the manual, however there should be no problem running Dexos R in your car.

It shouldn't hurt any to run Dexos R, Dexos R is the new spec that supercedes Dexos2 in high performance applications. Dexos2 is still used in Euro gasoline cars and some light duty diesels. Your ATS-V should call for Dexos1 Gen2 which means you should use Dexos1Gen2 or Dexos1Gen3 oil to comply with the manual, however there should be no problem running Dexos R in your car.
Thank you for your well thought-out answer. Much appreciated

Mobil 1™ Supercar 0W-40 is an advanced full synthetic motor oil specifically designed for high performance cars to provide exceptional cleaning power and wear protection, and deliver outstanding overall performance. Mobil 1™ Supercar 0W-40 is proven in high performance North American sports cars and suitable for use in everyday driving and high performance track events.

From street to track, Mobil 1™ Supercar 0W-40 has been expertly engineered to help prolong the life and maintain the efficiency of emission systems in gasoline powered automobiles. We're as passionate about your engine as you are about your car.

• Meets dexos® R specifications and can be used in place of dexos® 2 in all GM high-performance gasoline engines
  • Mobil 1™ Supercar 0W-40 (126870) has replaced Mobil 1™ ESP Formula 0W-40 (123875) in 2022
  • Mobil 1™ Supercar 0W-40 is made with a proprietary blend of leading edge components formulated to provide outstanding performance in many driving situations.
  • Single oil for street and track use
  • Holds the distinction of being the first and only dexos® approved motor oil developed specifically for Corvette
  • Enhanced frictional properties help enable improved fuel economy, higher horsepower and reduced engine wear
  • Active cleaning agents help enable lower operating temperatures and longer engine life
  • Outstanding thermal and oxidation stability help to reduce oil aging
  • Excellent aeration control
  • Catalytic converter compatibility
  • Sold as a case including six 1 quart bottles

interestingly they don't recommend or show it can be used instead of the Dexos 1 your car's engine was spec'd for (currently Dexos 1 Gen3)...I believe even the newest CT4-V Blackwing spec's 5W-30 Dexos 1 Gen2/3 and not the Dexos R

Bill

Back