Mobil 1 0W-40 ESP, 2019 CTS-V, 3,000 Miles...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took a sample from my 2019 CTS-V with just under 5K miles. I changed the factory fill at 1,890 miles and went with the new 2019 Corvette spec Mobil 1 0W40 ESP. This is NOT the M1 0W-40 Euro formula. So far looks good after 3K miles with a TBN at 5.1, so will run it for at least 5K miles between change intervals. This oil seems to be good according to Blackstone labs. M1 developed it specifically for the Corvette LT1/LT4/LT5 engines.

[Linked Image from i541.photobucket.com]

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you. You can't draw any conclusions on an engine with less than 50k miles let alone 5k miles.

Last edited:
Awesome car! Good luck with it. Beyond that the good BMWTurboDzl is pretty much correct, it's unlikely for such early UOA's to reveal anything about engine wear other then new engines break in. You can save your money for the gas and insurance, you're gonna need it!

Originally Posted by Bjornviken
try another oil

Not many oil choices for the 2019 Corvette model year. This is it.

Stay with the M1 0w40 ESP. Iron wear looks pretty low for an engine still breaking in, but since you dumped the factory fill early, maybe you got rid of the break-in debris.

Originally Posted by A_Harman
Stay with the M1 0w40 ESP. Iron wear looks pretty low for an engine still breaking in, but since you dumped the factory fill early, maybe you got rid of the break-in debris.

I stocked up on the new M1 0W-40 ESP, so I have plenty on the shelf. I always like to dump the factory fill around 1500-2000 miles as you never know what oil is used from the factory and I like to get all the initial break-in debris out as soon as possible. This engine feels especially powerful over the other LT4s I have had so far. I will keep using this new formula as long as I have it.

I would definitely stick with the ESP 0w40. XOM and GM did 2 years worth of testing with it. I think they know best.

I thought a 40w could not be lower that 12.5 nor higher than 16.2 ? if so is the 11.99 this oil shows in just 3000 miles telling us something.

Rod

This has been a characteristic of M1 0w40 for years. I believe it is designed this way. It's always hovered around 11.5 - 13cSt. It should be of no concern the oil has probably been tested in more high performance applications than any oil in the world.

Thanks...Mobil 1 ESP 0w40 is a great universal oil.

I dump my factory fill at about 1000 miles and change the oil twice at that time (just oil-not filter the first time...run the car for about 20 miles in between)...Just cuz I feel better thinking I am flushing all the debris out of the new engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back