Mobil 1 0W-40 - 15889Kms Mercedes Benz CLK (M271)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
this is the UOA from my M291 engined (4 cyl, supercharged) CLK Benz

The following "Life To Date" operating data is relevant and straight off the vehicle's computer

Distance (LTD) - 48000 kms (29800 miles)
Average speed (LTD) - 60 (61) km/h (37 (38) mph)
Fuel used (LTD) - 7.9 (7.8) litres per 100km
Use (LTD) - Approx 80% Hiway/20% Urban

DATA FOR THIS UOA

Lubricant - M1 0W-40 (SM/CF)
Filter - OEM
OCI distance - 15889 kms (9867 miles)
OCI time - 24 months
Oil topup - Zero

Mercedes Benz ASSYST data;
OC due at two years (time limit overwhelms distance)
OC done 14 Jan 2011 - two days under time limit of two years

OIL ANALYSIS - (Last OCI in brackets)

Viscosity @ 40C - 78 (82) cSt
Nitration Abs/cm - 24 (27)
Water %v - 0 (0)
TBN mgKOH/g - NA (3.6)
TAN mgKOH/g - 3.7

ELEMENTAL ANALYSIS

PQ Index -
All in ppm:

Iron - 49 (59)
Aluminium - 4 (6)
Chromium - Copper - 17 (19)
Lead - 3 (8)
Potasium - 3 (5)
Silicon - 9 (11)
Sodium - 7 (11)

The lubricant was judged as being suitable for continued use however
the oil was changed out and replaced again with M1 0W-40 (SM/CF)

NOTE
This period included 2 x 2 months when the vehicle was not used whilst I was in Europe
Sadly this is the last UOA for me from Mobil's Lab in Yarraville, Victoria, Australia as this facility is being decommisioned at the end of February 2011. I have used this facility for many many years!
All future Oil Analysis will be done via ExxonMobil's Signum Labs in the US. This follows ExxonMobil's stategy of becoming a Wholesaler in Australia
All of its Petrol Stations have recently been sold off to 7-Eleven as part of this programme

Doug,

Detroit Diesel has an oil analysis program in Australia. I know there is a lab in Perth and I think there are 1 or 2 labs on your side of the continent. I plan to use them for an analysis when I get up to ~40000 km.
We got up to Cape York and came down via Karumba, Lawn Hill, Mt Isa and Quilpie. The truck is in Yandina and we will be back 20 Feb. Probably will go to the Red Centre where it is dry. Even though it is summer.

Charlie

Hi,
Charlie - Good to hear from you. You had a great trip and Yandina location would have ensured that the "UNI' was not waterlogged! Whayt a mess in Brisbane & Toowoomba. My Son & I drove the inland route to Brisbane as the floods were at their peak - what a lot of damage the water did to roads and Stations!

Mobil will have a seamless transition to Signum (they own it) - I will lose my long standing Lab contacts!

Falcon - We have the following sulphur maximums:
Diesel - 10ppm
Std ULP - 150ppm
95 & 98 ULP - 50ppm

ULP = Unleaded petrol in OZ speak!!

This is the second report I've seen recently where Mobil 0W-40 went way beyond the recommended manufacturer's one year interval and performed admirably.

Makes me happy I was able to purchase 4 cases on Black Friday for $4 a quart!!!!

This oil will make my son's Rabbit and my Passat, very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back