Mobil 1 0W-40 - 11,239 miles - 2006 MINI Cooper S

Status
Not open for further replies.

mph

MINI-Oil-Analysis-20090428.png

No engine modifications, mixture of freeway and country roads. The car has an service indicator for oil changes, and it's been calling for roughly 20,000 mile intervals for me. I've been changing the oil once between its recommendations, and I think I'll continue that regimen. I changed the oil when this sample was taken, and used Mobil 1 0W-40 again.

Note that the 0W-40 stayed in grade over a long interval, even with the addition of 0.5 quarts of 5W-30 as make-up oil. (If it had sheared out of grade, I wouldn't have cared too much, because xW-30 is an acceptable grade for the engine.)

buster & pickled, I agree that 15,000 would be fine, but it would throw the oil changes off schedule relative to the other service items, so I think I'll stick with my current regimen. If I'm feeling daring some day, I could try going for the full 18,000–20,000 mile interval that the computer recommends.

Johnny, thanks... my latest addition is turning the cells yellow when they exceed the Universal Average by a factor of 1.5. But this really pales in comparison to my older automotive geekery.

Nice!! As an ever practicing/growing BB I dig the data analysis and conclusions. Now go off and rip that tire wear study with a quick response surface model with overall weighting, tire pressure as independent variables and block the design by season LOL! Learning with data is fun!
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back