Mobil 1 0w-30 UOA 6,300 miles Ford Ranger 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back my second UOA from this truck today. Results are better but still not what I want to see. Iron numbers are down and shearing was not as much of a problem but I just can't figure out why iron is still twice as high as what they consider average. I am considering a switch to RTS or GC.

***NOTE: The first UOA where iron was at 41ppm is on Mobil 1 5w-30. The more recent UOA numbers are on Mobil 1 0w-30.

RangerUOA2.jpg

Last edited:
PP or RTS would be a more economical alternative for your application. I'd use them with confidence. Heck Maxlife Syn would be a good choice as well.

Mobil 1 tends to show higher iron numbers in some grades and is a topic of great debate. I prefer PP over Mobil 1.

AD

29 iron WITH some fuel and held grade at over 6,000 miles,i'd be happy looks good to me. Try one more run..

I have many miles on this oil,no problems,run it to 7,000

Looks good, I currently have this same oil in the same engine as you. Its the first time I've used it in this engine, so Im probably going to wait until the 2nd run for UOA as the oil is certainly doing some cleaning.

Bringing this back from the dead as I was researching some oils this evening.... was this 0w-30 Full Synthetic? That's the only 0w-30 I see at my local stores. And if so...did you notice an improvement in fuel economy with the 0w-30 vs. the 5w-30 as advertised on the bottles of Mobil 0w-30 syn? thx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back