Mobil 1 0W-30 = Mobil 1 5W-3- T-SUV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning, I spent some time on Mobil's website and did alittle research comparing these two motor oils. It seems according to the data, they are very similar!!!!

Mobil 0W-30 Mobil 5W-30 T-SUV
cst 40 63.1 64.8
cst 100 11.0 11.3
VI 169 169
HTHS 2.99 3.09
* Any comments?

Try comparing regular flavor M1 5w-30 and TSUV 5w-30. These two oils are even closer, but not quite identical. If you look at the PDS, all the stats are precisely the same, except for density. The TSUV 5w-30 is ever so slightly denser than its "car" counterpart. I can perhaps understand the differentiation between regular and the EP formulae, but your comparison, and the regular vs. TSUV comparisons just baffle me. How many M1 5w-30s does the world need? And do we really need a 0w-30 that's almost indistinguishable from the extended family of 5w-30 products???

I just heard that the 0W-30 Mobil 1 was so thin at operating temp, but could not believe it. I compared numbers and now I know that the rumor is false. Starting viscosity and operating viscosity are two different things! I guess you don't need to be a rocket scientist to go 0W-30!!!

I think Mobil 1 T&SUV is an A5A5-B1B5 rated oil whereas the standard Mobil 1 is only a A1B1. T&SUV oil should be a more robust longer life oil.

Good point Eddie, I missed that. I wonder what the price premium, if any, the 5w-30 TSUV will command? In re-examining the PDSs, I see that the EP also has added ratings the "standard flavor" lacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back