Mobil 1 0w-30 Availability in Vancouver, BC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can get a hold of the Mobil1 0w-30 grade in the Vancouver, BC area? I've been looking for it everywhere. I've previously used the 5w-30 grade, which is widely available.

My current run of Esso XD-3 0w-30 is now 15500 km and counting. I plan to change the oil at 16500km and replace it with a 50:50 mixture of Esso XD-3 0w-30 and Mobil1 0w-30.

Observations (and ramblings....feel free to skip!!!):

Amazing, after 15500 km on the XD-3, the oil is just a tad lower than the full mark on the dipstick. As good as this oil is, I have experienced a noticable and consistent increase in fuel consumption, from 650 km/50 L on Mobil1 5w-30 (yes, 5w-30), to 600 km/50 L on Esso XD-3 0w-30, on average. I know that the XD-3 is a thicker oil than the Mobil1 5w-30 at operating temps, so this may be a factor. The other reason I'd like to have an XD-3 component in my next oil interval is the oil consumption issue with the Mobil1. My car drank 1.5 L of the Mobil1 5w-30, and virtually none of the Esso XD-3 0w-30!!!! UOA from the previous interval (Esso XD-3 0w-30 10500km) is available in the UOA section. Just look for the Acura RSX Type-S.

Any comments?

Regards,
Andrew

I haven't personally seen M1 0W-30 in Canada.

Is it possible your reduced mileage on 0W-30 is due to weather, or something else? I really don't think an oil of the same grade could make an almost-10% difference!

quote:

Ajwan,

Did your engine sound quieter with Esso XD-3 0w-30?

Or in general, do engines sound quieter with thicker oil?

Now that I think about it, I believe that XD-3 did indeed quiet down my engine. I don't know, however, if that's a general thing with thicker oils.

Regards,
Andrew

That's too bad there's no quick and easy way to get M1 0w-30 here in Vancouver, BC. Would any of you American folks know where I can get some anywhere north of Bellingham, Washington?
canada.gif
patriot.gif

Regards,
Andrew

I have seem the new SM rated 0w-30 at some NAPA stores here in Washington. The last one I saw it at was in Woodinville which is a quite a bit south of me here on Camano Island( about 80miles south of the border by Stanwood,WA). The Lynden NAPA does not carry M1 but the Sumas NAPA had a pretty good stock of it the last time I was there. I, at the time bought up all the old SL 0w30 they had left in stock(Nov/Dec) and do not know it they are or have replaced it yet with the new SM stuff? Don't remember seeing much M1 in the Bellingham NAPA at the time? Ferndale or Evenson,Wa did not carry it either, just SUMAS.

They also used to carry the old SL 0w30 at the Stanwood NAPA which I also bought up all of their stock of and have not looked to see if they are stocking the newer SM stuff but will check in the next few day on my way home from work and get back with you on it.

quote:

They also used to carry the old SL 0w30 at the Stanwood NAPA which I also bought up all of their stock of and have not looked to see if they are stocking the newer SM stuff but will check in the next few day on my way home from work and get back with you on it.

Thanks man, I'd appreciate if you could find out for me. If it is indeed there, then I might head down from Burnaby within the next week.

Regards,
AW

ive seen mobil 1 0w30 at Canadian tire in north vancouver

thats on main street of north vancouver (right off 2nd narrow)

last time i saw it was almost a month ago and stock was limited

so you could call them to make sure they have it before u go and buy it
and have enuf of it also
604-982-9100

i signed up just to make this post
lol

quote:

so you could call them to make sure they have it before u go and buy it
and have enuf of it also
604-982-9100

i signed up just to make this post
lol

Thanks buddy, I might have to drop by tomorrow!

AW

quote:

Originally posted by yugrus:
Where I live, PartSource always carries M1 0w30. I will be trying a mix with XD-3 next winter as well.

Although it doesnt appear that _PartSource_ is in the province of British Columbia.

quote:

Originally posted by UberNoob:

Too funny... I was just at that exact store today.
grin.gif

Unfortunately, they didn't have any M1 0W30 left.
thumbsdown.gif

NO LUCK on the Stanwood NAPA having any 0W30, they are not carring it anymore. The only place I have seen it is in Woodinville,Wash. NAPA and they are at least 60+miles farther south of me here. This next week I will be looking in at the Burlington NAPA which is between us(a little more my way than yours but between us)-- later.

ah thats too bad
but make sure none of them is hiding behind 5w30
when i saw the jug, it was not in the place where it is suppose to be but right beside the 5w30's place
mmm hard to explain

maybe try lordco, they have lots of stuff

u can find their location and telephone on here
http://www.lordco.com/

The Burlington, Wash. NAPA store (next to
Mt.Vernon) has a slot for 0W30 M1 and when asked stated they still carry it but it is on back order. They could not tell me when they would get it back in stock. Burlington is at about Mile marker #230 on I-5 and if my memory is correct the border is at about Mile marker #275-#280 at Blaine. The NAPA there is just east of I-5 behind the ARCO on old hiway 99.(149 E. George Hooper Rd. 360-755-0522)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back