Mobil 1 0W-20 AFE 5 Quart Jugs?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen it at my local Walmart Supercenter. But they seem to be frequently out of stock of 5-quart jugs in several grades of M1 unless you get there fairly soon after restocking. I would call around see if you can find it.

Originally Posted By: Jason2007
Please post when and where you found M1 0W-20 AFE 5 quart jugs. Thanks

I've checked 2 Walmarts in N VA recently and have not found it. What part of VA are you in?

There are 3 Walmarts in Cedar Rapids, their Mobil 1 inventories are hugely different. One stocks every oil type in every jug size, another has a very limited stock, 5W30 and 10W30 only.
Individual store managers must have a huge latitude in what they stock.
Today, I could find everything EXCEPT 0W20 in 5 qt jugs, perhaps with Toyota's prodding this will become more available.

Originally Posted By: fsskier
There are 3 Walmarts in Cedar Rapids, their Mobil 1 inventories are hugely different. One stocks every oil type in every jug size, another has a very limited stock, 5W30 and 10W30 only.
Individual store managers must have a huge latitude in what they stock.
Today, I could find everything EXCEPT 0W20 in 5 qt jugs, perhaps with Toyota's prodding this will become more available.

It is not exactly the individual store manager(s) who decide, but the stock varies depending on the size of the store, the demographics of customers (you are not going to see 0W-20 in a small store in a location where very few customers have newer cars).

At Walmart, there are regional managers who make those decisions, not individual store managers. As has been noted previously, even the HVAC thermostat is controlled back at corporate headquarters.

Buy the quarts to show the demand, then they might stock the jugs in the future.

Originally Posted By: OilGuy
Buy the quarts to show the demand, then they might stock the jugs in the future.

Or call up the biggest and newest SuperCenter in town (in the most afluent areas) and ask if they have it. If not, quit your job and move near a Walmart that stocks that stuff.

weird, if anyone here has a 5qt contrainer of 0w-20 maybe they can post a pic and send it to Mobil?

Originally Posted By: ravenchris
Called Mobil 3 times, they say M1 0W-20 does not currently exist in 5 quart containers.

Walmart has Mobil 1 5-quart containers made especially for them (Walmart recycling info on the label). Maybe that was the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back