MMO works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Rick20
I can only find a post that whereby the poster found that ARX was much more effective. I will say that the poster still is positive about MMO, but found ARX much more effective.

I agree. Many products can clean an engine even kero, diesel fuel etc..This has been talked about many times on here...

If you are only comparing MMO to ARX..RICK20 is right..

Originally Posted By: es350
My point is what have you added to your oil ever? Please name some

No your point was that people had discussed this before. Please stop trying to call me out and this this thread go because as we've both said this has been discussed before.

I was speaking with my father today about cars etc. and he reminded me of a few old cars he had and their condition before he sold them. A few old Fords came to mind that my father was the original owner of. He had a 1982 Granada 200 I6 that was totaled with close to 220,000 miles on it.

It had developed a nasty valve cover gasket leak, those engines were a pleasure to work on. Changing a VC gasket was a snap. He reminded me about when we had changed that VC gasket how clean that engine was. At the time the car was around 15 years old. The valve train was spotless, with slight varnish. He always ran a pint of MMO for the last 500 or so miles of the 3000 mile OC he did on that car. It was a daily driver, stop and go traffic from L.I. to the Bronx 5 days a week. Oil wasn't as good back then, as it is now. He said he added about 1/2 qt of oil during the 3000 mile OCI, and that was the way the car was from day one. On occasion he'd run a full qt for the 3000 miles during the winter time.

The kick in the arse was the VC was changed about a week before the car was totaled. He still uses MMO today, pretty much the same way he did then.

AD

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Originally Posted By: es350
My point is what have you added to your oil ever? Please name some

No your point was that people had discussed this before. Please stop trying to call me out and this this thread go because as we've both said this has been discussed before.

If your product/findings are related, please post. Show me/us what is you have added and your findings related to ARX???? I see they are far and few.................I went through your 25 pages of posts and not much..............

Wow. Free time much?

As I said I have no comparisons to make between using ARX and MMO in the oil because I've never used them in the same car. MMO was used in my first Cadillac motor that was slightly low on its compression but thats not specifically why I tried it. Nothing changed and I decided to try other products since I didnt care what went into the oil. On the other hand I've used ARX in 3 cars now and had improvements each time. On my two Mazdas oil consumption dropped and compression went up while my current car is already idling smoother and starting easier.

Sounds like you had some good results with A-rX, I for one am glad you're sharing them. This is what the board is all about, post results good and bad so people can make an intelligent decision for themselves based on what they've read here.

People bashing products they've never tried is just wrong!

AD

Zerega (sp) Ave, Sanitation 20 years. My father that is, he's since retired.

AD

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
It's always good to hear a shout out to the Bronx.

Lets not forget Brooklyn, N.Y.

Great story.
13.gif

Originally Posted By: ADFD1
I was speaking with my father today about cars etc. and he reminded me of a few old cars he had and their condition before he sold them. A few old Fords came to mind that my father was the original owner of. He had a 1982 Granada 200 I6 that was totaled with close to 220,000 miles on it.

It had developed a nasty valve cover gasket leak, those engines were a pleasure to work on. Changing a VC gasket was a snap. He reminded me about when we had changed that VC gasket how clean that engine was. At the time the car was around 15 years old. The valve train was spotless, with slight varnish. He always ran a pint of MMO for the last 500 or so miles of the 3000 mile OC he did on that car. It was a daily driver, stop and go traffic from L.I. to the Bronx 5 days a week. Oil wasn't as good back then, as it is now. He said he added about 1/2 qt of oil during the 3000 mile OCI, and that was the way the car was from day one. On occasion he'd run a full qt for the 3000 miles during the winter time.

The kick in the arse was the VC was changed about a week before the car was totaled. He still uses MMO today, pretty much the same way he did then.

AD

Thanks, I enjoy those chats with my father. For someone who took auto shop in HS decades ago he knows his stuff! Even with the new high-tech engines, he knows what he's doing. Shame we're 3000 miles apart.

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back