MMO works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can we just talk about our experiences using different oil additives. If you want to bash a product at least be able to say that you have used the product." - C3PO

Now there is a concept that will never get off the drawing board. Although it is a very good idea!

Originally Posted By: TurboJim
"Can we just talk about our experiences using different oil additives. If you want to bash a product at least be able to say that you have used the product." - C3PO

Now there is a concept that will never get off the drawing board. Although it is a very good idea!

No kidding!

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182

I never said anything about it being a good cleaner or not. I simply said that I dont use it in my oil because I dont want to put solvent in there.

And they're the ones that say its the same as it was 50 years ago.

Well then, you should never add anything, that is anything to your oil. You can play the solvant "side" on all products on here. Been talked about here many times. Do a search.

BINGO- or show some sort of info on it.

Great idea! It will stop a lot of the bickering on this board that's for sure!

Originally Posted By: c3po
If we continue to have this auto-rx versus every other oil additive war then it will turn people off from buying auto-rx. I have had a few members PM me and say that because of this fighting they will not buy auto-rx.

When my last two bottles of arx are gone, I'm not getting any more. This arx vs the world turns me off.

I've used MMO, and never had a problem with it. If MMO makes one happy, great. If it's arx that does, great. Seafoam, B-12, whatever.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: c3po
If we continue to have this auto-rx versus every other oil additive war then it will turn people off from buying auto-rx. I have had a few members PM me and say that because of this fighting they will not buy auto-rx.

When my last two bottles of arx are gone, I'm not getting any more. This arx vs the world turns me off.

I've used MMO, and never had a problem with it. If MMO makes one happy, great. If it's arx that does, great. Seafoam, B-12, whatever.

That's pretty much it, I agree. Use whatever makes you happy and shut up about it.

Originally Posted By: panthermike
Use whatever makes you happy and shut up about it.

So you will finally be shutting up about ARX?
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: moribundman

crackmeup2.gif

The better question is; when will YOU be shutting up about ARX? For someone who doesn't like the product, you sure do mention it a lot.

MMO and AutoRX are aimed at two different problems.
There shouldn't be any conflict.
MMO is a gentle cleaner for fuel systems and engine internals.

AutoRX is for medium to heavy engine cleaning.

What's the problem?

Originally Posted By: tom slick
nobody is concerned about the chlorinated hydrocarbons in MMO?

Looking at UOA's where its been used they seem to be very good reports. I wish there were more of them.

AD

Originally Posted By: es350
Well then, you should never add anything, that is anything to your oil. You can play the solvant "side" on all products on here. Been talked about here many times. Do a search.

I will never add a solvent to my oil on my cars again after the years I've spent here reading way too much about oil. The issue has been talked about hundreds of times and if you yourself had done a search you probably would have seen me in some of them.

crackmeup2.gif

The better question is; when will YOU be shutting up about ARX? For someone who doesn't like the product, you sure do mention it a lot.

I think you can figure out my likely answer.
wink.gif

crackmeup2.gif

I think you can figure out my likely answer.
wink.gif

So, you're admitting hypocrisy?

Has anyone found any documented cases on the internet of MMO causing any problems inside an engine. I searched and did not find anything.

I can only find a post that whereby the poster found that ARX was much more effective. I will say that the poster still is positive about MMO, but found ARX much more effective.

Originally Posted By: Rick20
I can only find a post that whereby the poster found that ARX was much more effective. I will say that the poster still is positive about MMO, but found ARX much more effective.

It sounds like both products work, and the only way to settle this controversy would be too test both products on exactly the same engines, both having the same number of miles, this may be hard to accomplish.

I doubt we have 2 members with the same car and engine who would be willing to do this.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182

I will never add a solvent to my oil on my cars again after the years I've spent here reading way too much about oil. The issue has been talked about hundreds of times and if you yourself had done a search you probably would have seen me in some of them.

My point is what have you added to your oil ever? Please name some

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back