MMO works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ADFD1
I have an online buddy from another website that emailed me about an older car he's been using it in. He is very pleased with the results. Hopefully he joins BITOG and posts his results.
Well, has he joined?

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
I have an online buddy from another website that emailed me about an older car he's been using it in. He is very pleased with the results. Hopefully he joins BITOG and posts his results.
Well, has he joined?

I don't think so.

AD

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Well, has he joined?

I have seen the guy on Noria, he goes by Big Bear.

You can talk too him over on that site.

Big Bear has been over here. He even refers to the UOA, in our UOA section regarding the 5.7 hemi with MMO. He is even getting the same support from 1 member here.

Lets see. The conclusion is that with MMO installed the oil drains out of the drain plug like water. When he runs the maintenance dose the last out is quite thick. Hummm?

Originally Posted By: Rick20
Big Bear has been over here. He even refers to the UOA, in our UOA section regarding the 5.7 hemi with MMO. He is even getting the same support from 1 member here.

Lets see. The conclusion is that with MMO installed the oil drains out of the drain plug like water. When he runs the maintenance dose the last out is quite thick. Hummm?

I never saw oil come out of any car I ever owned thick, but then again, I change the oil hot. Even in the days of STP, the oil never came out thick. I don't know if I'd be happy seeing thick oil coming out of one my engine. I must have missed that thread about oil coming out thick.

AD

I never saw oil come out of any car I ever owned thick, but then again, I change the oil hot. Even in the days of STP, the oil never came out thick. I don't know if I'd be happy seeing thick oil coming out of one my engine. I must have missed that thread about oil coming out thick.

AD

I found the thread. That isn't the friend I was referring to. He mentioned thick oil coming out of his filter, not from the drain plug if I understood him correctly. (Its early in the morining here just scanned the thread again. Maybe I missed it again.)

Yes I posted in that thread and I'm happy with MMO. I have a right to post, and I do it without any sarcastic comments or attacks. I speak from my experiences. I don't have anything against A-Rx either, I've tried the product. I couldn't tell if it did anything other than slow a leak down, as others have reported here. So yes it helped slow a leak down.

My car had no odd sounds, oil use although slight is still the same as its been in this car, no gains in power. The filters were exactly the same and the oil poured right out of them, no muck, clumps, or heavy filters. I think the MMO did a great job keeping that engine clean over the years. Not every engine is clogged up with junk, so in all fairness if there is nothing to clean, then A-Rx isn't going to do a lot of cleaning. Dirty engine, different story, but I can only tell that from reading.

The turn off is the sarcasm from a handful of loyal A-Rx customers and employees. I don't see the MMO/Turtle wax employees/moderators attacking A-Rx users. I guess they're not worried about their product, it sells itself.

There are a lot of people on this board who like MMO too. Sorry if that offends anyone, how bad can a product with an 80+ year history be? People are still buying it?

AD

There are a lot of people on this board who like MMO too. Sorry if that offends anyone, how bad can a product with an 80+ year history be? People are still buying it?

AD

To me thats like saying people still cook with lard so how bad can the product be? Just because they have kept a product on the shelf for X number of years doesnt mean its a great product. I've eaten at places that have been family owned for 50 years and the food still sucked.
grin2.gif

Every time a person buys a product its a vote especially in retail stores, lost votes means no shelf space. It appears MMO is liked, even on this board, with some pretty impressive UOA's too. Trust me if I had a problem with MMO I would be the first person to stop using it. The OP started this thread saying he used a few OZ of MMO and it appeared to be working, I shared my thoughts. I tell people if you don't like something don't use it.

Not sure about Texas, but where I grew up in NY, if a family restaurant served bad food, they'd be out of business in no time. Good news spreads fast, bad news faster! Not many products survive 80+ years if they're bad.

To each his own, have a great day!

AD

Not sure about Texas, but where I grew up in NY, if a family restaurant served bad food, they'd be out of business in no time. Good news spreads fast, bad news faster! Not many products survive 80+ years if they're bad.

I'm sure for every "family" place still around there are a dozen that did go out of business. Bad service does indeed make the news travel faster and I honestly cant say a bad thing about MMO. I love the smell, love the price and love that its easy to find but I still wont put it in my oil.
whistle.gif

From my own experience, the MMO dilute my 5w-30 becomes thinner.
But maybe the obvious observation due to the ambient temperature is 30-35 centigrade.
That is the reason I do not want to leave it too long inside there, but it had smoothen the idle.
When I use on gas, the MMO works to make my plug white clean, but it may not help to remove hard baked deposit that cause pinging.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182

AD

To me thats like saying people still cook with lard so how bad can the product be? Just because they have kept a product on the shelf for X number of years doesnt mean its a great product. I've eaten at places that have been family owned for 50 years and the food still sucked.
grin2.gif

So what's your point? Your oil additive/crankcase cleaner is better than my oil additive/crankcase cleaner?

If MMO cause catastrophic failures, then obviously it wouldn't be on the shelf...

Who says it is the same product it was 50 years ago?

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
So what's your point? Your oil additive/crankcase cleaner is better than my oil additive/crankcase cleaner?

If MMO cause catastrophic failures, then obviously it wouldn't be on the shelf...

I never said anything about it being a good cleaner or not. I simply said that I dont use it in my oil because I dont want to put solvent in there.

And they're the ones that say its the same as it was 50 years ago.

To me thats like saying people still cook with lard so how bad can the product be?

32.gif
Do you think cooking with some kind of "vegetable oil" is better than cooking with lard?

If so, why?

Saturated fat withstands frying heat better.

Vegetable oils break down more easily and have already been heavily processed with heat and chemicals to become clear and tasteless.

I'm not arguing either way, and I don't use lard (though I wouldn't be shy to try it) but your analogy is not sound to me.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

I never said anything about it being a good cleaner or not. I simply said that I dont use it in my oil because I dont want to put solvent in there.

And they're the ones that say its the same as it was 50 years ago.

I can't bothered to be sure. But I think it has been said that MMO has been around 50 years (or more), not that it is exactly the same thing. And the "solvent" argument is little more than marketing and sales semantics...

MMO is not a flushing product, even though flushing isn't necessarily the bogymen it is often made out to be here either...

Originally Posted By: BearZDefect
To me thats like saying people still cook with lard so how bad can the product be?

32.gif
Do you think cooking with some kind of "vegetable oil" is better than cooking with lard?

If so, why?

Saturated fat withstands frying heat better.

Vegetable oils break down more easily and have already been heavily processed with heat and chemicals to become clear and tasteless.

I'm not arguing either way, and I don't use lard (though I wouldn't be shy to try it) but your analogy is not sound to me.
wink.gif

The irony here being that some believe that ARX is actually derived, at least partially, from "organic" (read animal fats) esters...

We have the MMO lovers and the MMO haters, and that is not a problem. What bothers me is people who have never used the product chime in, this goes for any and all products. I've used both products, I am certain MMO kept my engine clean. All A-Rx did for me was slow down a small leak, please note slow down, not stop.

You can't clean something that is already clean. So I'm not knocking A-Rx, since I never used it in a dirty engine. I am just stating my opinions and observations in a Thread about MMO. Sad thing is A-rX should have never been mentioned in this thread. But that happens and I tend to drift off course myself too.

Based on what I've read here A-rX is a good product, so is MMO. Opinions vary, these are mine. Use what you like, I am happy to be a member on this site, and have learned a lot, but like everything on the Internet, I take a lot of the info I gather with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the lard comments I was trying to figure out where that was headed. :)

AD

We have the MMO lovers and the MMO haters, and that is not a problem. What bothers me is people who have never used the product chime in, this goes for any and all products. I've used both products, I am certain MMO kept my engine clean. All A-Rx did for me was slow down a small leak, please note slow down, not stop.

You can't clean something that is already clean. So I'm not knocking A-Rx, since I never used it in a dirty engine. I am just stating my opinions and observations in a Thread about MMO. Sad thing is A-rX should have never been mentioned in this thread. But that happens and I tend to drift off course myself too.

Based on what I've read here A-rX is a good product, so is MMO. Opinions vary, these are mine. Use what you like, I am happy to be a member on this site, and have learned a lot, but like everything on the Internet, I take a lot of the info I gather with a grain of salt.

Thanks for the lard comments I was trying to figure out where that was headed. :)

AD

Well said. I really like ARX, but yes it's true, it's mentioned in most threads. I want to try MMO in my brother's Taurus, but still haven't yet. He doesn't want to pay for ARX, so MMO is perfect because of price. I'm interested to see what happens.

I thought the title of this post was ( MMO works ) this product has been around since 1923, from what I have gathered it has changed over the years. Regardless, does anyone know of any engine failures from anyone using MMO in there engines.

This is the reason that auto-rx gets slammed sometimes because the anti- MMO crowd jumps into a MMO post, and then the anti-auto-rx crowd jumps into a auto-rx post.

I am happy with auto-rx and that is all that matters, but some of our members who are very pro auto-rx can't have it both ways where they trash another oil additive and get upset when someone jumps all over auto-rx.

Look at some of these oil additives:

1) Prolong
2) Duralube
3) Slick 50

There have been people that have had problems or the FTC is after them, has the FTC gone after MMO.

If we continue to have this auto-rx versus every other oil additive war then it will turn people off from buying auto-rx. I have had a few members PM me and say that because of this fighting they will not buy auto-rx.

Has anyone on here actually gone over to the MMO website and read the testimonials.

Can we just talk about our experiences using different oil additives.

I jumped all over SaturnFan for using Berryman's B-12, I really should not have said anything since I never used the product.

Are the people who are MMO haters former customers who have used MMO. If you want to bash a product at least be able to say that you have used the product.

Originally Posted By: panthermike

AD

Well said. I really like ARX, but yes it's true, it's mentioned in most threads. I want to try MMO in my brother's Taurus, but still haven't yet. He doesn't want to pay for ARX, so MMO is perfect because of price. I'm interested to see what happens.

I think you'll be happy with the results. Keep us informed.

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back