MMO works...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dumped in a couple ounces of MMO in our work van with 95K miles on it. The Pennzoil had about 2000 miles on it and was still clean looking. After driving it for 2 days I checked the distick and it was noticable darker. It seems as if MMO even in small amounts has good cleaning ability.

Interesting observation, are you thinking of adding maybe another 8 ounces of MMO and then when you change your oil you can tell us if it came out darker than the other times when you changed the oil.

Good luck, and please keep us posted on your results.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
The A-RX crowds are going to attack you, you're better put on flame suit.

I am an auto-rx user, wannafbody can use any oil additive that he wants, it's his car, lets try to keep the oil additive section civil.

Everyone should feel free to post there observations using whatever oil additive they choose.

Chevy 350, 95K miles. We bought the van with 78K miles and don't know the full history-some was definitely highway miles, oh and the oil pressure gauge didn't work. After the 2 days with MMO I noticed the oil pressure gauge needle began to start moving. I don't know how accurate the gauge is but it's reading between 30 and 50 PSI of oil pressure.

Just wait until that Naphthenic oil, which is intentionally filtered out of motor oil, starts to oxidize.

I wouldn't leave it in long.

I used it for many years with good resuls. My father has been using it for over 35 years now with good results in the oil and gas. He's run full OCI's with it up to the full qt they suggest, as well as 1 pint for the last 500-1000 miles of an OCI, and a lot of other ways. Any time I was around him and an engine he had apart for a gasket replacement, or a modification they were spotless.

We've used A-Rx too with good results, but seem to swing back to MMO. Both work, both are good products. There are many tools that can do the same job, MMO does a fine job with varnish and sludge. Works good in the gas too.

As a side note if dad was running a full qt for the full OCI he generally did it during the NY winter. He feels that is the hardest time of the year for oil, and the engine. The car seems to turn over a lot easier with the MMO.

He freed up a seized mini bike engine for me with it too. I thought the thing would never run again. It took him about a week, but he got it going for me again!

AD

My 4Runner is currently running with about a quart of MMO, so far so good after 450 miles and might stretch it up to 1k before putting a fresh oil. I don't see/feel any decrease in performance. I'm planning give it a shot on my Civic next oci.

I have an online buddy from another website that emailed me about an older car he's been using it in. He is very pleased with the results. Hopefully he joins BITOG and posts his results. He's a long time car buff, and has tried just about everything under the sun, and is loving MMO.

AD

I ran it in a '65 Chevy 230cid six engine in a Biscayne I had in high school. 8oz in the oil, 24oz in the tank, monthly at my oil changes. I can say it didn't cause any additional problems, was an excellent replacement for leaded fuel, and looks cool as you're pouring it. STP Lead Substitute did NOT work nearly as well and caused more oil burning. That OCI of 4000 miles for that month I added 6 quarts, about 700 mile to the quart. Returning to MMO the month after returned the engine to its quart per 1000 mile oil addiction.

I was adding about a half a quart every week in my 850.

Last oil change, I put in 5.5 quarts of Mobil1 high mileage 10w40 and 1 quart of MMO.

The oil level hasn't moved from the full line in three weeks. It does something!

Originally Posted By: KLowD9x

Last oil change, I put in 5.5 quarts of Mobil1 high mileage 10w40 and 1 quart of MMO.

The oil level hasn't moved from the full line in three weeks. It does something!

Was the previous fill also Mobil 1 High Mileage, or was it something else?

A single quart of M1 10W-30 HM used as a top off oil in my car cut the usage dramatically.

steel_container.gif

Looks like a newer version of the MMO Invserse Oiler, great item. I've used an Inverse Oiler for over 20 years now.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

A single quart of M1 10W-30 HM used as a top off oil in my car cut the usage dramatically.

No, this is the first time it has had M1 HM in the crankcase.

Before it was on a strict diet of M1 0w40.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak

No, this is the first time it has had M1 HM in the crankcase.

Before it was on a strict diet of M1 0w40.

I bet it's the M1 10W-40 HM that's cutting your consumption.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back