MMO & Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
my girlfriend works for con-agra. the largest food priducer on the planet. wal mart tries to get them to give them a special deal. con agra tells them to go fish. wal mart still sells con agra products and probably always will.

I actually wanted to buy some MMO for my new (used) riding mower, and none to be found at Marto de Wal.

I went to one of my local Wal-Marts last night where I've purchased MMO in the past. Absolutely no MMO, or Techron, or Gumout Regane. I'm hoping they were maybe just out of some of the products and not discontinuing them.

You guys are looking at this all wrong... Wal-Mart is a fun loving company and they just can't SELL you the item. You've got to get it out of the store without them knowing! That sure sounds fun doesn't it. What will Wal-Mart think of next...

PS I take no resposiblity for my own misinterpretions of Wal-Marts corporate decisions and your decision to believe me
smile.gif

Our local Wal Mart pulled all the MMO and Chevron Techron. Perhaps other items also, but those were the ones I could be certain of the fact that they are removed.

I'm thinking EPA issues, and new labeling requirements.

Fortunately, Redline's SI-1 meets the new Jun 1, 2006 requirements.

quote:

Originally posted by pastmaster:
OH NO!!!
NO MMO? Modern Civilization will cease to exist as WE know it!!! Hope it returns to the shelves soon
burnout.gif
pat.gif
patriot.gif

Calm down pastmaster! Its not duct tape! We'll muddle through.
grin.gif

I actually think that the problem may be compliance with new epa labeling requirements that came out this month.

Completely Stolen from someone elses post on another site:

Wal-Mart has gone out on a limb or is having a knee jerk reaction to lastest conformity laws regarding Ultra Low Sulphur Diesel (ULSD).

They are refusing to sell anything that is considered a diesel fuel additive. Problem is, you won't know until you get to the registers and have to jump thru hoops to check out. It's even worse if you're using a "self service" check out.

In addition to Diesel Kleen, Marvel Mystery Oil in the red container or plastic bottle is also effected.

I sent an email inquiry to the folks at Marvel Mystery Oil and received this very prompt reply. FYI- here it is.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr.

Thank you for your interest in Marvel Mystery Oil. Please be assured that Marvel Mystery Oil will soon be back on the shelf at your favorite retailers. Wal-Mart is returning all of their stock in order for us to apply a neck sticker to each bottle. The EPA passed a law in 2001 which required diesel fuel to have no more than 15 ppm (parts per millon) sulfur effective June 1, 2006. Diesel fuel aftermarket products
were never notified that this law also affected them. The law stated that diesel additives had to carry a label stating that they complied with the 15 ppm sulfur or not. We are in the process of relabeling all Marvel Mystery Oil and will be back on the shelf shortly. There is not any wrong with the product in the bottle. This was strickly a labeling issue. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Marvel Oil Company, Inc.

"There is not any wrong with the product in the bottle."

This isn't a whole lot better. I hope their product is better than their grammar!

Ill have to send some MMO through my gas chromatograph to see how much sulfur it has in it... I didnt note if it said it comlies or does not comply... Id venture to guess that if wal mart is sending it back and needs a sticker... then it does not meet the specs at the proposed treat rate...

JMH

could be why i got 7 qt bottles of mmo for $1 ea at my local wm
was on the shelf with some power service?? diesel additive that i grabbed for a neigbor.also $1 a jug.
cheaper to just blow it out before the new law took effect than to ship it back?got 2 deep cycle batteries for $5 ea and no core too.hope there isnt a law requiring low sulphur batteries next ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back