MMO vs TCW3 as a fuel additive

I finally had the opportunity to try out the turkey baster. Much more accurate and easier along w/less mess. I'm sure I can tweak a mite from this ratio, but I'm right in the 'hood.

Still getting a decent boost using the TCW3. When I run a tank without its 17.09 MPG with is 17.59. That percent is a little over 2%. It will take a while to determine whether or not I will continue to use it as a UCL, but so far its working good.
Again, considering that the gasoline itself varies in energy density by up to 4% even at the same gas station, your observed variation is deep in the noise. Add on the other variables of everyday driving and it has less than zero significance.

I admit that I noticed no such MPG drop or gain. I can tell the dif in 93E Vs. 93 E free usually, I do not have a ethanol meter, so I never know how much E has been added.

I see more potential in possible increased compression, from well worn engines, than any alleged upper cylinder lube. However, that being said I see nothing happening at 640:1 except a wee bit more smoke at WOT.

I use either MMO or TCW3 with every fill up of my 1998 Chevy 6.5td. I use a full quart of either on an empty tank fill (less than a quarter tank). If it's a partial fill I guess at the amount. I can't tell a difference between the 2. I do it to help aid in lubricating the injector pump, 170k same pump so it can't be hurting. As far as a car or motorcycle, I've only used MMO.
A full quart of tc3 per tank? That’s pretty rich ain’t it?

If that's a 34gl, presume turbo diesel, tank it comes out to 136:1

As such it's already "burnin'" coal oil. Some even add a shot of petrol as I understand especially in colder climates.

Back