MMO in fuel...

I've been dosing all my cars, motorcycles and OPE with 1 ounce tcw-3 per 5 gallons for many years. I drive about 20,000 miles a year, not including the motorcycles and never had any issues with any of those engines. That additive should have mixed into the entire contents of the gas tank and not have settled on the bottom of the tank.

Interesting that an oil specifically designed to mix with gasoline at 40:1 didn't at 640:1.

Even if you had dumped your total amount of oil used (84oz) into a full tank you still would have been at a ~30:1 mix rate. Which is what I run my chainsaw at.
Well that's what happened to me.$550 or so dollars,drop tank empty it.tcw3 was in the gas and it coated my spark plugs so it would turn off after starting.mechanicc said no more oil anything..just gas only.i am using Lucas ucl again though that's the only thing in any car I had,that never set a emission code off . Tcw3..4os. too 18gallon tank .but ide run tank too needing 11.7-13.2gallons.whicj was a quarter tank too halfway through empty on needle.mayve the 5-6 gallons left,n tank..the oil bult up in it?

Well that's what happened to me.$550 or so dollars,drop tank empty it.tcw3 was in the gas and it coated my spark plugs so it would turn off after starting.mechanicc said no more oil anything..just gas only.i am using Lucas ucl again though that's the only thing in any car I had,that never set a emission code off . Tcw3..4os. too 18gallon tank .but ide run tank too needing 11.7-13.2gallons.whicj was a quarter tank too halfway through empty on needle.mayve the 5-6 gallons left,n tank..the oil bult up in it?
That's a 374:1 - 422:1 ratio...

You calculate 640:1 for entire tank capacity the first time, then only for the amount of fuel you're adding from then on.

Optimum ratio of TCW-3 can often be less than the suggested 640:1 ratio . I run close to 1100:1 ratio or about 2 oz. for an 18 gallon tank every other fill up with zero issues . I'm just looking for slight lubricity as a UCL along with a little ashless cleaning of spark plugs and fuel injectors .

This topic comes up often so I will repeat my personal experience with MMO again. I had a 2009 Nissan 370Z. A known issue was a sticky fuel tank level float or sensor that would cause the fuel gauge to read less than full even if you filled the tank to near overflowing.

On the 370Z Forum many owners suggested adding a dose of MMO to the fuel tank. I did and it worked to restore the fuel gauge to proper reading. I used NOTHING but top tier fuel, 91 octane the entire time I owned the car. Every few months the gas gauge got wonky again, I added a dose of MMO and when I refueled the next time and several times after that, the gauge worked properly. So the mild solvent properties of MMO certainly were of benefit. Not snake oil in my case and the cost to restore proper functioning of the fuel gauge was probably about $1.50 worth of MMO each time it needed it.

It does not contain PEA so I also added a bottle of Techron just before each oil change as preventive maintenance on the rest of the system.

I use it religiously in all three cars: 05, 86, 63. Every tank I treat them with Lucas Fuel Treatment bottles filled with premeasured amounts of MMO in them.

The '63 has an Ampco Oiler for MMO delivery and I may get a pint sized one for the '86. Had to have this period device. I wish I could find a Magna Plug with it's "sacrificial" elements for each of their oil pans, but alas!!!!

There's this personal obsession I have with the old brands from the 1920s and up: MMO, Kozak Dry Wash cloths, NuFinish, Turtle Wax, STP, Ampco Oilers [NOS from the '50s], Champion.... A sickness, yes.

My annual mileage is low over a year and spread between three cars, so whether or not it's beneficial it seems like something that might counteract the ill effects of ethanol at the very least.

It's not doing any harm and the entertainment value is worth the cash layout for "snake oil".

That's a 374:1 - 422:1 ratio...

You calculate 640:1 for entire tank capacity the first time, then only for the amount of fuel you're adding from then on.
Hmmm I see. I gained slot of mileage with tcw3.245-255 miles per tank. With Lucas UCL ill get about 220.Mmo,about 225-227. The tcw3 did wirk.but I guess every tank,at quarter empty I was adding 4 Las and filling 12-13 gallons.for an 18 gallon tank,I had too much tcw3 in it then.hence,my Halloween night situation. Car turned off.mechanic dropped tank...the tcw3 buildup was fouling the plugs. I wanna try tcw3 again,this time adding no more than 3 odd too 12-13 gallon fill up.but am nervous,ill end up fouling plugs again.

maybe run straight gas in every 4th tank to flush any extra oil through?
I've been running lucas UCL for a while, no noticeable effects but I don't track gas mileage

Hmmm I see. I gained slot of mileage with tcw3.245-255 miles per tank. With Lucas UCL ill get about 220.Mmo,about 225-227. The tcw3 did wirk.but I guess every tank,at quarter empty I was adding 4 Las and filling 12-13 gallons.for an 18 gallon tank,I had too much tcw3 in it then.hence,my Halloween night situation. Car turned off.mechanic dropped tank...the tcw3 buildup was fouling the plugs. I wanna try tcw3 again,this time adding no more than 3 odd too 12-13 gallon fill up.but am nervous,ill end up fouling plugs again.
This is a perfect summary of the entire thread.

Whatever it is.

Back