MMO experiment that could use validation....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jrustles
Originally Posted By: Trav
Thats all well and good but which one gets the middle finger? LOL
lol.gif

It's reserved for ARX+, right?
grin.gif
I keed, I keed; I'm sure it's perfectly good stuff.

Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012
Originally Posted By: jrustles
Originally Posted By: Trav
Thats all well and good but which one gets the middle finger? LOL
lol.gif

It's reserved for ARX+, right?
grin.gif
I keed, I keed; I'm sure it's perfectly good stuff.

No way! I'd save the smallest finger for the most expensive of the products tested, toss the cheap stuff in the big fingers. Times are tough we have to keep costs down.
wink.gif

Well whoever does the experiment let us know how it comes out. Get a glove, or maybe a few different brands of gloves, and add whatever you are going to add to the individual fingers of the gloves.

To be fair, since MMO and Auto-RX are never put in the engine at 100%, mix these, and also Kreen if you decide to test it also, with motor oil. And also maybe put some motor oil in a couple of the fingers. You could put MMO, Auto-RX and Kreen in fingers at 100% but that does not happen in real life. But it would be a concentrated mix of the MMO, Kreen and Auto-RX so that if they are going to cause problems they should show it as a concentrated 100% solution.

What will happen? I don't know. Somebody would have to do the experiment. Maybe the MMO and/or the Kreen would damage the glove. But again gloves are usually kind of flimsy and we would have to proceed to actual gasket material after that.

I do know that demarpaint has almost forty years experience using MMO so I kind of doubt MMO damages seals in real vehicles. I don't know as much about Kreen. No matter what happens in the glove experiment you have to realize in the end that a glove is not a gasket. And the MMO, Kreen, and Auto-RX are not going to be used at 100% in an engine. They will all be mixed with motor oil. You could almost skip the glove experiment and just go right to the gaskets.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Mystic
You could almost skip the glove experiment and just go right to the gaskets.

I said something like that early on but........Whatever.... It's his experiment with Nitrile gloves for now. He'll see what he wants to do next, once he validates this experiment.

Originally Posted By: KeMBro2012
Originally Posted By: V8man
Can't we all just get along here and realize this is an experiment and nothing else, or am I missing something.
33.gif

No, we can't! Too many people here feel like they have to argue for argument's sake. Honestly, much like OP, I posted a thread recently about an "experiment" I did just screwing around, figuring at least a couple people here might be entertained by my post. Imagine my (complete lack of) surprise when the first few posts were attempts to tear apart what I was doing and why I was doing it.

KemBro2012, I for one appreciated your efforts, it was interesting stuff. Unfortunately on BITOG any experiment you post will be absolutely picked apart by a lynch mob. It is a frustrating aspect of BITOG no doubt. I have been on the other side of that as well.

Regardless of the methodology or outcome, I can appreciate the amount of time, effort and interest that goes into something like that posted by anyone, and there is often something new you can take out of it.

To make it clear, my last post was directed at KemBro2012 regarding his mention of his earlier post on a cleaning with Canola oil experiment, I was NOT referring to other posts on this thread.
blush.gif

Sorry for any confusion...

The people who market MMO have already tested MMO with common gasket material. So they already know that MMO does not cause seal leaks.

And demarpaint has almost forty years experience using MMO and should have noticed a seal leak by now if one was going to occur.

I can't say the same about Kreen because I have little experience with Kreen. But Trav has a lot of experience with Kreen.

The more I see of the fighting that takes place between supporters here of Auto-RX and supporters of MMO and Kreen the more I think I will just use motor oil. You want to get your engine cleaned? Pennzoil has actual engine sequence data that shows Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra motor oils can clean an engine and keep it clean. What can be easier than just changing the oil and using a motor oil that may well clean the engine as well as any of these special cleaners? Don't like Pennzoil? You can use Mobil 1.

To an increasing degree I am just about ready to say just use motor oil. I still believe that good fuel system cleaners are necessary sometimes. And I still believe in Sta-Bil for gasoline that will be stored for a while. And like I have said MMO is an easy experiment for me. I could add it to Pennzoil Platinum motor oil.

But I am just about ready to call it quits for almost all of the oil supplements and engine cleaners. I do have great respect for Trav and demarpaint. And MMO and Kreen can just be added to oil and don't require a special cleaning and rinse cycle.

Last edited:
I have some spare valve seals, and a little MMO, I might try mixing the MMO with 75% oil, drop in a Valve seal and leave the container on top of the wood stove (230 C during the day) for a week or two to see what happens.

I hope it doesn't get too smelly.

Originally Posted By: expat
I have some spare valve seals, and a little MMO, I might try mixing the MMO with 75% oil, drop in a Valve seal and leave the container on top of the wood stove (230 C during the day) for a week or two to see what happens.

I hope it doesn't get too smelly.

If I had to guess, the oil will protect the seal because of the conditioners it provides. It will be interesting to see how your results turn out.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Best to leave MMO on the Walmart shelves.

The Walmarts I go to don't even carry it anymore.

Don't need 1930 technology in 2012 oils.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
Originally Posted By: Donald
Best to leave MMO on the Walmart shelves.

Don't need 1930 technology in 2012 oils.

LOL

Big seller in Walmart around here, in fact I've never been in a Walmart that didn't sell it. Imagine a technology that's so good its still around since the 1930's! Wow!

Instead of giving badtlc grief, who don't those of you giving such do what you want him to do?

And make sure you take all the before and after pics to prove your "point."

Unless your only interest is to give grief.

It was probably out of stock. One day the shelf is full and the next day it will probably be empty, this product moves fast at Walmart.

It was probably out of stock. One day the shelf is full and the next day it will probably be empty, this product moves fast at Walmart.

Since there are no slots for it, why would it be out of stock?

The only thing they're out of stock is all the ammo I uses except the 7.62x39.

Last edited:

How about checking with the Walmart manager, because every store except yours carries it?

How about letting the people who want to use MMO use what they want to use, and the people who want to use Kreen use what they want to use. I don't care if somebody uses Auto-RX or not-so why worry about somebody using MMO? And if I want to give MMO a try I can-it is sold at Wal-Mart for about $5.00.

If MMO is 1930s technology and if it does not work, than there is no reason why anybody should be so worried about it. Unless it does work and some people find it threatening because it works and may be cheaper than what they believe in.

Personally I think anybody interested in keeping their engine clean or getting their engine clean should use a good cleaning motor oil first, such as Pennzoil Platinum or Mobil 1. And then MMO or Kreen could be added and maybe would help the cleaning ability of the motor oil. Pennzoil has actual engine sequence data to prove that their motor oils clean.

One thing I do know for sure-MMO is $5.00 at Wal-Mart and an easy experiment. And there is Pennzoil Platinum and Mobil 1 oil (and maybe Pennzoil Ultra) at the nearby Wal-Mart and auto parts stores.

And MMO has been around for many decades. There is probably a reason it is still around.

Last edited:

How about checking with the Walmart manager, because every store except yours carries it?

How about I don't. And how about you explain why the three that I go to don't have the space for it?

The last time I checked MMO was readily available at my local Wal-Mart Store for about $5.00. And if I could not find it there then I would probably be able to find it at an auto parts store. No problem.

But I would start cleaning the engine in my car by using a good cleaning motor oil, like Pennzoil Platinum. Then I would consider using MMO and the oil for additional cleaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back