Mixing VW 504/507 oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have a 2.0l TFSI motor in my car and I run Motul 300v 5w-40 in it. I needed a small topup(100ml) today and I mistakenly poured in some Liqui-Moly 4200 (VW504/507 spec) in (it was in a Motul 300v bottle..yes I hear it that wasn't the brightest idea
31.gif
).
Now the big question...will this do any harm? Reason I ask is that Liqui-Moly say that their 504/507 oil should
Quote:
Not mixable with commercially available motor oils
. I would appreciate educated advice before I drain out my precious 300v
33.gif

For no more than you added, I would not worry about. At least you learned the valuable lesson of what to store in what kind of bottle. I've made that mistake many time.

Adding 1/10th of a liter to a full sump volume won't hurt a thing. Drive it for the full drain interval and don't give it another thought.

Originally Posted By: Turbo_777
Hi all,

I have a 2.0l TFSI motor in my car and I run Motul 300v 5w-40 in it. I needed a small topup(100ml) today and I mistakenly poured in some Liqui-Moly 4200 (VW504/507 spec) in (it was in a Motul 300v bottle..yes I hear it that wasn't the brightest idea
31.gif
).
Now the big question...will this do any harm? Reason I ask is that Liqui-Moly say that their 504/507 oil should
Quote:
Not mixable with commercially available motor oils
. I would appreciate educated advice before I drain out my precious 300v
33.gif

First time I seen a company that said not to mix oils. I had Elf/Total 504/507 oils and had no such warnings.

Thanks that makes me feel better.

As for the warning, I see Motul Specific 504/507 also has the warning to avoid mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back