Mixing these 2 coolants ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have enough coolant to fill my entire system after flushing (here) but in 2 different flavour.

[Linked Image]

Can I safely mix this (PSA PRO -35°C 9735 K0):
Blue color, Mono ethylene glycol, Peugeot , Citroën PSA B71 5110

With this (EVEREST -30°C ADI2630):
Red-pink color, Inhibated mono ethylene glycol, ASTM D4985, ASTM D6210, AFNOR 15601, SAE J1034, CUNA 956, OTAN S759, VAG TL774 (G12/13), MB 325.5, GM.OPEL, MAN 324 Si-OAT

I feel it's safe to do it but have a doubt about the Si-OAT part appearing in the Everest specs. I feel like it's nonsense because the datasheet says "silicate free" (https://www.diframa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/everest30.pdf) and "compatible with all coolants, whenever they are type C (mineral) or type D (organic)"

Last edited:
I would not do it. Penny wise dollar foolish. (Use your currency names injected.) Especially the left jug, left over from 1988.

If i'm not mistaken PSA use a Silicate-OAT like the VW group does so they probably are mixable but i personally wouldn't mix them as the Peugeot stuff is blue and the other pink.

Spending time and money doing a good cleaning of the cooling system, and then mixing different coolants? I wouldn't.

Originally Posted by Mainia
I would not do it. Penny wise dollar foolish. (Use your currency names injected.) Especially the left jug, left over from 1988.

The left jug was bought in new on September 2018 along with another same jug that filled another car. But it then was poorly stored outside, and carelessly moved here and there.

Originally Posted by FordCapriDriver
If i'm not mistaken PSA use a Silicate-OAT like the VW group does so they probably are mixable but i personally wouldn't mix them as the Peugeot stuff is blue and the other pink.

Color wise? I really don't care. Like every PSA compatible coolant is yellow but the OE one is blue.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Am I wrong in thinking the pink one is actually RV toilet anti-freeze for winterizing an RV?

Interesting

I ended up mixing some in a glass check for trouble.

I'm cheap these days and storing brand new coolant seemed like a loss to me ... I don't really like those Everest coolants but I got it from a friend who bought a more quality jug of G12 for his VW flush at home. I wouldn't mix any coolant in another person's car but... Well, it's a 18yo beater that runs on WVO with 200000 miles that was somehow neglected before I own it.

Originally Posted by Superflan
I ended up mixing some in a glass check for trouble.

Your not going to see the ill effects right away from mixing the wrong coolants.

Originally Posted by spk2000
Am I wrong in thinking the pink one is actually RV toilet anti-freeze for winterizing an RV?

That's what I thought it could be when I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back