mixing sodas

Status
Not open for further replies.
not the adult beverage kind.i like to mix diet ginger ale with pepsi max,seems to make it more refreshing.or mix a diet cherry soda with pepsi max.who else has a mix to share?

I find that mixing sodas makes them taste like bubble gum. Not my thing other than like with like - e.g. half diet, half regular or half cherry, half regular.

Ill be trying suggestions which have been found to be good!

I have never mixed "cokes". I'm a southerner and old hillbilly ladies use "soda" (baking soda) to brush dentures. We call all soft drinks cokes. Go figure.

My dad mixes beer and tomato juice 1:2 and calls it bloody beer.

grape juice, ginger ale and vanilla ice cream. Called a "purple cow" or somesuch.

Originally Posted By: mpvue
milk and cola. we did it all the time as kids in NY but my southern wife is grossed out by it.

Wow...My siblings and I did that all the time when we were kids (and coincidentally growing up in NY). IIRC it was called a Mickey Mouse.

try the adult version of milk and coke:

1 ounce of Kahlua
1 ounce of vodka
ice
milk and a shot of coke

We call it a "paralyzer".

Originally Posted By: mva
try the adult version of milk and coke:

1 ounce of Kahlua
1 ounce of vodka
ice
milk and a shot of coke

We call it a "paralyzer".

Sorry for the double post!!!

MVA, that drink should be called a "white russian strung out on coke"

LOL

Kool Aid and Vodka mixed and put it in a small clean gas can is huge no.I watched a guy do this and he was out,drank the whole thing when he was tubing and got the "River Flu".Jim Beam and Coke go very well when mixed

What about "cokes" & grape juice? (+1 on calling all carbonated soft drinks "cokes"
grin2.gif
)

As a kid I thought one of the world's great treats was an ice cold grape "coke". The main brands here back then were Nu-Grape & Grapette.

These days, I sometimes make my own grape "coke" by mixing a little real grape juice with a good lemon-lime, like Diet Sprite or Mist. Even better than the Grapettes & Nu-Grapes of old!

And strangely enough- I like it even better with Fresca.
shocked2.gif
Fresca and a little pineapple juice is very good too.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Stuart Hughes
What about "cokes" & grape juice? (+1 on calling all carbonated soft drinks "cokes"
grin2.gif
)

As a kid I thought one of the world's great treats was an ice cold grape "coke". The main brands here back then were Nu-Grape & Grapette.

These days, I sometimes make my own grape "coke" by mixing a little real grape juice with a good lemon-lime, like Diet Sprite or Mist. Even better than the Grapettes & Nu-Grapes of old!

And strangely enough- I like it even better with Fresca.
shocked2.gif
Fresca and a little pineapple juice is very good too.
wink.gif

We drank Nehi grape in these parts. When I was a kid (I am 34) the hillbilly store near our house charged .25 for a "coke" plus an extra dime if you left with the bottle.

Your area of NE Texas and my area of SE Appalachia have very similar traditions and ancestry. Believe it or not your area of Texas speaks the same exact dialect of southern appalachia. Probably the reason you guys call them cokes.

Many of my ancestors left a sign saying "GTT". So common here at one time people left for Texas that the initials alone would inform infrequent visitors that the family had "Gone To Texas".

At our "Italian" dinner table we used to always have red/white wine at the table and our parents used to let us have a little bit when we were younger mixed with some pop.

Still to this day I like a good dry red-wine mixed with Coke. It's very addicting. I don't drink wine any other way because I can't stomach the taste of it.
wink.gif

I also like Rye & Canada Dry Ginger-ale ... Favorite on a hot summer day!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back