Mixing Rotella oils?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 102 cubic inch pushrod V-twin. I have always used Rotella T 15w40 5qts of it, with good results.

I have a 4qt jug of the Rotella Synthetic 5w40 and one quart of the non syn Rotella T 15w40.

I want to use up this left over bottle of 15w40 and just mix it in with the 5w40, does anyone see any problems or issues with this? I change my oil once a year and ride 1700-3000 a year so I dont see this being an issue, what do you guys think?

shocked2.gif
It'll create a rip in the time/space continuum! The whole universe will collapse into a space the size of a pin head.

As others have said ... should be no problem at all. As a way to use up an orphaned jug, it makes sense.

I doubt there's any real technical benefit in mixing the two, but it won't hurt anything either.

Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
shocked2.gif
It'll create a rip in the time/space continuum! The whole universe will collapse into a space the size of a pin head.

You are already shunned by your V-Twin brethern for using HDEO instead of motorcycle specific oil, so you have nothing to lose...

I been using using Rotella T in dirtbikes, 4wheelers, all kinds of street bikes for years.

When guys I ride with ask waht oil I use, they laugh at me. But with the superior protection HDEO offers at a bargain price the joke is really on them.

Originally Posted By: OldSparks
Originally Posted By: TucsonDon
shocked2.gif

You are already shunned by your V-Twin brethern for using HDEO instead of motorcycle specific oil, so you have nothing to lose...

LOL.gif
I'm already shunned by V-Twin riders for my riding an old-f*rt Goldwing, a high-viz jacket, and a plain white full face helmet! Based on all that, my Rotella oil is the least of my concerns!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back