Mixing Mobil1 0w30 & Mobil1 0w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fine, you can mix any M1 with any M1. GC is a good choice.

It's safe, but the question is why would you want to? They're both a 0W and as far as the 40...why not want the added protection?

They will mix just fine. Sounds like a good plan to use up your old stock. Per Mobil all the M1 will mix with no problems.

Sorry, didn't see that you had these left-over.
pat.gif

mobile2, very interesting. I have never thought of doing that. Do you just do it in the winter? Do you noctice any difference in start up or noise when it's cold out? Finally why? I just may consider this.. Thanks!

Since I have cases of both out in the garage, I plan on mixing 3-1/2 quarts of Mobil 1 0W-40 with 2 quarts of Mobil 15W-50 to make a "witches brew" of approximately 5W-45 for use in my modified Taurus SHO V6 during the warm Summer weather. The car is only driven from April though October and sees occasional track time on regional road courses. The engine is no where near stock, with a higher compression race prepared stroker short block and full prepared heads.

Thats a good idea. One good think about the Mobil 1 line is that they all share the same chemistry across the board. Mixing is safe and can be effective if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back