Mixing M1 EP with M1 ESP

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I have a couple of quarts of Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 saved for my next oil change. I was gifted a couple of quarts of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 by an acquaintance (BIG SURPRISE). I'd like to combine both oils when I do my next change. While I doubt that there'd be a problem in doing so, I thought I'd ask here just to be sure. Thanks!

You will be fine here. Both are M1 and a good oil!

I believe oil mixing is an old myth, especially if it is mixing the same type of oil (PCMO w/ PCMO etc). Personally I have struggled with the same thing on principal of not mixing but I'm slowly getting over it :ROFLMAO: . The last oil change in my 2005 Jeep has 3 quarts of 10w30 Super Tech FS HM and 2 quarts of Mobil Super Synthetic 5W30. I was using up oil in the garage...

Years ago when I worked at a full service gas station, people would come in and ask for gas, window wash and an oil check. When toping off oil sometimes they'd say what ever you got, so mixing really wasn't an issue...

Just my $0.02

Shhhhh.... The engine will blow itself up when it knows that you have mixed two "bitter" oil. Make sure you don't tell the engine. Cover the 2 different bottle when pouring in. Better yet, transfer it to the same bottle in another room so it will not see. ;)

Shhhhh.... The engine will blow itself up when it knows that you have mixed two "bitter" oil. Make sure you don't tell the engine. Cover the 2 different bottle when pouring in. Better yet, transfer it to the same bottle in another room so it will not see. ;)
I always change the oil in the dark so the engine can't see what it's getting.

Sounds like a pretty decent blend actually. Don't let Mobil know, they will steal your idea and not give you any credit. Another choice on the crowded walmart shelves.

I think mixing oils from the same mfgr, is about as safe as you can get. If you were to mix Mobil 1 EP oil with dollar store oil, you would be diluting the better oils properties. I believe using a brand name oil kinda guarantees your oil will be in better condition for the duration of the oci. Over store brands that barely meets the API standard to begin with, and can carry the symbol on the bottle. That's my opinion.,,,

I have a couple of quarts of Mobil 1 EP 0W-20 saved for my next oil change. I was gifted a couple of quarts of Mobil 1 ESP 0W-30 by an acquaintance (BIG SURPRISE). I'd like to combine both oils when I do my next change. While I doubt that there'd be a problem in doing so, I thought I'd ask here just to be sure. Thanks!
There will be no problems if you pour the EP with right hand and the ESP with the left hand. Do it the opposite and boom. Where do people get the idea mixing needs to be questioned.

Last edited:
Back