Mixing Liqui Moly lifter additive and lucas any harm?

Hello all,

I have a lifter tick on my 2016 Toyota sienna, which I have been told is fine and will not do any damage but it is just so loud on stop lights etc as sound vibrates off other vehicles.

When I changed my oil 2k miles ago I added some Lucas oil stabilizer to see if that would do nothing, that didn't really help. I've heard great things about Liqui moly and I've found a lifter additive that I want to give a shot, obviously I don't feel like changing the oil since it is only 2k miles on it so here I am asking if these 2 would be fine to mix because If it's not I rather not do damage to my engine.

Additive: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/AICLM20004

Hello all,

I have a lifter tick on my 2016 Toyota sienna, which I have been told is fine and will not do any damage but it is just so loud on stop lights etc as sound vibrates off other vehicles.

When I changed my oil 2k miles ago I added some Lucas oil stabilizer to see if that would do nothing, that didn't really help. I've heard great things about Liqui moly and I've found a lifter additive that I want to give a shot, obviously I don't feel like changing the oil since it is only 2k miles on it so here I am asking if these 2 would be fine to mix because If it's not I rather not do damage to my engine.

Additive: https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/AICLM20004
What oil are you using?

They won't have issues with one another, but it doesn't matter since neither one blend well into the oil anyway. I would recommend looking into a better oil before you consider another supplement.
Why wouldn't they "blend into the oil?"

That's exactly what they do.

What oil are you using?
I've been using Mobil 1 0w20, I've been thinking of switching to something else as I've read a few threads of mobil 1 being the cause of ticking lifters but I'm not exactly sure if that's the cause though.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't they "blend into the oil?"

That's exactly what they do.

The Lucas Oil Stabilizer is basically just a 50 SSI olefin copolymer, a viscosity index improver, with no other additives in it. VIIs are notoriously difficult to solubilize in the oil, requiring extensive heating and churning of the oil to get them to blend into solution. It will eventually get there with enough run time, but the engine isn't where you want that blending process to be happening.

Sure, won't hurt a thing/will blend...worth a try for a few bucks. LM will tell you that you can run multiple of their additives together as long as it doesn't exceed a certain % of your total oil fill volume (can't recall the number off the top of my head). I'd look at playing around with a different oil but not up on Toyotas and what can be used to help with this or why it's so loud.

If you look long enough there’s no telling what you’ll read.
Haha yeah that is defiantly true, got to take everything you read these days on the internet with a grain of salt.

I know a lot of people use Mobil 1 on these Toyota's and it's fine, ticks though when it's only when hot so It is oil related that is for sure.

Either this is exaggeration or you have something serious going on.
I do have some videos I posted of the sound last month if you want to listen to it. I'll post them on here as well but I may be a bit exaggerating but it isn't that quiet either when stopped at stop lights

I don’t think I’d make that conclusion.
That is true, I'm defiantly probably jumping to conclusions as I just want to get it quieted down at least a little bit.

Last edited:
There comes a time when no oil or additive will cure a mechanical issue. If it’s that loud it needs to be checked out and fixed.

In the meantime skip the additives and move up to a 5W-30 oil.

There comes a time when no oil or additive will cure a mechanical issue. If it’s that loud it needs to be checked out and fixed.

Alrighty will do, I did have a 2010 Sienna, had the same engine but used 5W-30 and it still ran perfectly with no noise at 263k miles.

^^^^ This

Back