Mixing Ballistol and Mobile 1 synthetic?

I have used both for years with success. The former for 20 years, the latter for about 5. Separately.

I have a quart of Ballistol and a quart of Mobile 1.
Wondering if I can mix the two 50/50 without issues.

Mobil 1 should be compatible with any oil....not sure of Mobile 1.

I wouldn't. Why would you do this? what are you trying to achieve? I prefer SLIP2000EWL as its tested out the best for ME, but you sound like your usage has done you a solid for decades, so...why change unless there is an issue you're addressing, and if so, what is it?

Not sure why you would do this? Ballistol is a tool, lubricating oil is a tool. Ballistol is sometimes claimed to be a CLP, perhaps thats true, but are you trying to enhance the LP aspect?

Im a fan of Ballistol; use it a lot for cleaning, and I actually use it on other things too, like wood handled tools that I want to clean, and to wipe down metal tools like sockets and wrenches. Im also a fan of using a dedicated "LP" oil in most places where Im concerned with lubricating. Ballistol is good for leaving a non-toxic, pharmaceutical grade coating on surfaces that I will touch, so that I have a level of protection that is skin safe. While I dont know that motor oil in unused state is carcinogenic like used oil is, I still arent very keen on having motor oil on my skin from handling firearms.

So if you mix the two, you may get a better mix of both worlds, but also get the downsides of each. Id use the right tool in the right place.

Why, I have this 1 gallon metal jar of Ballistol that's about 40% full, and it's kind of annoying as it never pours right with its metal lid.
and I was just trying to consolidate different cans I got. Not enhance any lubrication properties.
I guess it's a dumb idea as I thought it was.

Why, I have this 1 gallon metal jar of Ballistol that's about 40% full, and it's kind of annoying as it never pours right with its metal lid.
and I was just trying to consolidate different cans I got.
Take the one (mixing bottle) that your wife/mistress throw away when she is coloring her hair (That bottle with which she applies the color to her hair)

Back