Mixer for M1 5W20 SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need a suggestion for a conventional oil to add to an old gallon jug of M1 5W20 SM to make a 6 Qt Oil Change.

Anything out their look like it would work really well with the additive package? Primarily Calcium (2000+) + Boron (80's) and Moly (80's).

Cheaper is better of course.

Last edited:
If you plan on running the oil in warm weather and your vehicle is not under warranty, you could look at a 50/50 mix of 3 quarts of Mobil Delvac, Super, Dino Diesel, 15W-40.

With 3 quarts of each it should get you through the long, hot summer, next year, with no problems and a very clean engine with the detergents and the high TBN in the Dino Diesel.

Cheers.

Just Mix PYB with it. SN oils are all you are going to find now and that is a great oil with a "similar" additive pack (though moly is higher). You can mix the SM M1 with SN M1 and you would be fine though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechtech2
PYB.
But WHY specify a dino?? What is the advantage/need??

Price. I didnt see the need for synthetic for 3500-5000 mile changes. Its still under warranty and limited to 6 month changes of 5W20.

I already have at least two quarts of PYB, QSGB, MC Blend and Mobil Super SN.
I was hoping someone would recommend one of these but didnt want to influence the recommendations.
I know any of them would work but am just trying to pick the best choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back