Mixed up the hairstyling today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, my hair is a medium fade, top is 3 inches long, normally I comb the top back with Brylcreem, Vitalis Hair Tonic, or Groom & Clean

Anywho, today I tried Murrays Orange Can Pomade. Pretty decent hold, Pain in the gut to try to get it to soften up enough to comb in hair. Held up all day since 7am, no sweat running I find with brylcreem.

Boy what a pain though to wash out, just took a shower and its still in there, that's after I tried my normal Mane N Tail shampoo and then Dawn Dish Soap. Tad bit of greasiness still remains.

I like the price differential though, the can was 1.75$ at target, well below the normal 7.99$ for brylcreem at the PX as well as 8$ for the Vitalis and 5$ for the Groom & Cleen.

All in all, ill probably finish the can. I prefer the washout easily alternatives, who knows, I may stick with it (No pun intended) or I may not.

Random 2 AM post, enjoy everyone!

My hair style is akin to this
bb9353cf70e2f987f0a63deb572ee228.jpg

Not exactly that, but fairly close.

Wow, didn't realize vitalis has gotten that expensive. That's all I use, if/as needed.

I used to be a brylcreem man myself - back when I had hair
wink.gif

Looks nice
smile.gif

Reminds me of when my wife and I were first dating. We went to a "50's" dance. I slicked my hair back using vasoline. Took about a month to wash all the grease out.

Last edited:
That looks like an Aussie price for bryllcream...unless it's for a gallon or something, nit just 150ml worth.

While we were over in the States, an African American lady enamoured with my daughter's curls suggested hand cream, as that's what she and her daughter used.

Jergen's shea butter was wht we got, and it's great...perfect ringlets, no frizz.

I ditched the Bryll Cream after that.

Have you tried using Pennzoil Platinum? It gives you a firm all day hold even when the humidity is high...
grin2.gif

Just kidding. I use Clubman Pinaud hair gel.

But Im not sure why we are disccusing this in an oil filter forum??
48.gif

Last edited:
I've never understood why anyone would want to put that greasy, oily, glop in their hair. Looks like you could squeeze it out and use it in your engine.

I sure wish I could do something with my hair! Its too thick so it just lays down and plasters to my huge square head. Terrible stuff.

That used to be my hairstyle for years.

Now I use my barely visible receding hairline as an excuse to use the clipper with a No. 1 step on it to just shave it all off once a month.

Saves me the trip to the barber, 20$ and the tip, and being full of itchy hair bits and itchy from dirty equipment used on half of Montreal.

Now, if I can't wake up with perfect hair, and it has flips everywhere, it is time for a haircut.

I refuse to spend time on hair daily so now I have plenty of time to post about not having hair on BITOG.

That hair style is very similar to mine. My wife is a licensed cosmotologist so she can buy product at wholesale at beauty supply shops, which has lead to me having a little collection of different pomade and styling pastes. However, my favorite product thus far has been Gentlemen Republic Genuine Grooming Stiff Pomade, which I got for free from my barber because Gentlemen Republic is a new company and they provided my shop some product to try out. It is water based (washes out easily), alcohol free, smells really good, high shine, stiff hold, and is made in the USA. However, they have very limited availability and the only place I can find it for sale online is ebay, where it runs $13.99 for a 4 oz container. However, I think it is worth it and will last a while on hair as short as in the photo.

http://gentlemen-republic.com/

Ehhh Cant go wrong with any Pinaud aftershave options IMO
I use Versache in dress uniform and nice occasions, everyday is Clubman Pinaud Lilac Vegetal or Bay Rum

Regardless, I enjoy the hair I got, and the amount the military says I can have LOL

I actually just started parting my hair to the side again, similar in cut to the photo above just less up top.

The spike and messy look is just too young now for my 31 years of age. I have gotten compliments so I am doing something right apparently.

Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Life is so much easier with no hair.

+1

My wife takes the Wahl with #2 guard to mine every few weeks. My rule: if it needs a comb after I get out of the shower, it's too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back