Mixed up the hairstyling today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
American Crew Pomade works very well and washes out with simple shampoo and water. It's expensive though.
Other pomades I've tried in the past (I clipper my hair now) are Murray's, NuNile, and Royal Crown. All pretty inexpensive and work well. Just hard to wash out.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Life is so much easier with no hair.

+1

My wife takes the Wahl with #2 guard to mine every few weeks. My rule: if it needs a comb after I get out of the shower, it's too long.

+2. I think I use the #8 tho, says 1" but it's more like 1/2". If I have to comb my hair in the morning after rolling out of bed then it's too long IMO. It's also gotten way too thin up front to pull off a regular haircut, and I'm loath to pay for one anyhow. I just buzz in front of the mirror though, comes out... ok, good enough for my tastes. Once in a while I'll get the wife to trim the very back.

Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: Charlie1935
Life is so much easier with no hair.

+1

My wife takes the Wahl with #2 guard to mine every few weeks. My rule: if it needs a comb after I get out of the shower, it's too long.

+2. I think I use the #8 tho, says 1" but it's more like 1/2". If I have to comb my hair in the morning after rolling out of bed then it's too long IMO. It's also gotten way too thin up front to pull off a regular haircut, and I'm loath to pay for one anyhow. I just buzz in front of the mirror though, comes out... ok, good enough for my tastes. Once in a while I'll get the wife to trim the very back.

That's similar to what I do now. I used to look pretty darn sharp with a thick head of hair. Unfortunately those days are over. I've got the front peak thinning too much as well. I also use the cheap Wahl clipper (they must love us hair-challenged guys). I've gotten to the point where I typically use no comb on the clipper. You can't even pinch my hair it's so short....almost shaved. I've grown a goatee to complete the Neo-Nazi look (that was a joke in case some idiot gets offended). The girlfriend says I look mean with it. That suits me as I have a lot of undesirables where I live that tend to pick on the meek.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Andrewg,

Your Walter White goatee is in style.

Ha ha ha...yes, I LOVED that character. I started clipping my hair just before I saw that show....and then when I saw Walter and his goat I got a chuckle out of it.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Andrewg,

Your Walter White goatee is in style.

Ha ha ha...yes, I LOVED that character. I started clipping my hair just before I saw that show....and then when I saw Walter and his goat I got a chuckle out of it.

You just need the glasses and hat to complete the look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back